Monday, January 01, 2007

This Is What Happens When A Nurse Comes To The Counter.

Actual conversation with an actual customer:

Customer: "I know there's an over the counter med that's like Nexium"

Had I known she was a nurse, I wouldn't have answered yet, as I would have known more was coming.

Me: "Prilosec, it's a slightly different form of Nexium"

Nurse Customer: "You know, not like Ranitidine, or the H-2 inhibitors"

Me: "Prilosec. It's down aisle 2 on the right hand side."

I had made the mistake of answering before I could be sufficiently impressed with her drug knowledge.

Nurse Customer: "A proton-pump inhibitor"

You see, I had to be informed that she knew what a proton pump inhibitor was.

Me: "You mean Pepcid?" I now knew that if this woman was ever going to leave, it had to be established that *I* was the one who wasn't listening.

Nurse Customer: "No, not an H-2 inhibitor, the class like Nexium"

Me: "Prilosec"

Nurse Customer: "They're better for chronic heartburn you know"

Me: "Sounds like your talking about the Prilosec, it's down aisle 2"

I'm still not sure if the nurse came into the store with the intention of buying some Prilosec or the intention of telling me everything she knew about it.

2 comments:

TheReelDeel said...

If it were me, I would have told her Dulcolax suppositories will get just as much mileage. Sounded like she was full of.....

Katie Schwartz said...

she does know everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!