Monday, May 23, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts That Should In No Way Be Confused With Those Of My Employer.

I know the profession has its ups and downs. Its frustrations and pitfalls. But I was thinking today, I really take pride in the work my fellow pharmacists and I do day in and day out. It's such a pleasure to be able to serve people and to know that I'm making even a small difference in the fight against things like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and HIV. To know that I can use the talents I have honed over the course of my career to contribute to the good health and wellness of humanity is a feeling almost impossible to describe to someone not lucky enough to be in a health care field. I'm a big fan of pharmacy.

I should mention though, that the other day my employer came out with a new social networking policy that made it very clear that we were to leave no confusion when we post something online that we are speaking only for ourselves, and not as a representative of the company. So please, don't assume my employer agrees with anything I've just said.

I'm not just a pharmacist though, I'm also a citizen of the United States, and I'd like to think, the world as well. That's why my heart was filled with joy when I heard the news that Osama Bin Laden is no longer a threat to the planet. I really swelled with pride knowing our brave troops had brought evildoer number one face to face to his maker. I'd like you all to join me in honoring our brave men and women in uniform who all played a part in this "Mission Accomplished!," especially the Navy Seals, who may be the most heroic people who have ever lived.

Again though, my employer feels it is very important for me to say that what I write here does not necessarily reflect their views. I'm not sure why, but they definitely want you to know that.

Life isn't all happiness and triumph over evil though. I think we can all agree that there are some truly awful people in society. Take pedophiles for instance. The crimes they perpetrate against our children are among the most horrific things one person can do to another. Pedophiles should be severely punished, not only for the acute physical trauma they inflict on our most vulnerable, but for the lifetime of emotional scars they leave behind. I am no friend of the pedophile.

And I am in no way speaking for my employer. If you want to know what my employer thinks of pedophilia, you'll have to ask them directly. I'd recommend talking to someone in the legal department.

I also recommend you always wash your hands after defecating. But that's just me talking.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The act of washing your hands after pooping or using the restroom is in no way the opinion or view of your employer.

I wondered why my pills I picked up from you a few days ago tasted like pennies. Good to know.

Anonymous said...

and could you please get that defecating and QA done in 15 minutes!

CoinOperatedGirl said...

I took that one this month as well. And then the following day on the weekly conference call, I got the pleasure of telling our PDM that I thought it was a steaming load of bullshit.

Anonymous said...

One of the few times I agree with you. Unfortunately you are such an ass most people don't even bother to post on your crappy blog anymore.

BTW. I was just in SF 2 weeks ago and was curious how a pharmacist makes a living there. The property values far exceed the salaries we see in the midwest. Do you guys live way outside the city proper or waht? Just curious...

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Anonymous 8:11,

I'm glad you brought up the property values out here, as I've always said the fact I own a place in the most insane real estate market ever, have a paid-off car and enough left over to never look at the price tags of the scotch I buy are all signs I am just being taxed taxed taxed to death....:)

Seriously though, we keep up the home prices here to keep out the riffraff. The fact you went home would seem an indication our plans are working perfectly.

Mina said...

Nice post. Gave me a good chuckle and makes me FEEL SO GOOD I no longer work for your employer. :)

Anonymous said...

Changing the subject...I thought you might be interested in this http://spectrum.ieee.org/riskfactor/biomedical/ethics/should-police-have-access-to-computerized-prescription-drug-records

The newsletter is current, but the blog post and article are from 2010. I wonder what the final result was?

Anonymous said...

a 19yr burned out retail rph ........you are a negative influence on me because after i read your stuff i start to get bitter and angry...have i just not hit rock bottom yet? baby steps....baby steps...deep breath

Brett said...

Yea i took that cbt... I signed it because I think the threats are idle. If my employer has shown anything, its that they are incapable of the simplest tasks.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I've longed for someone to voice my feelings about our clueless employer. Let's talk about the mysterious "formula" used to deduce how many tech hours we get !

sandhya said...

The children are cute and innocent, why they are doing horrible things to the children.