Monday, December 28, 2009

Jesus Is So Fucking Inconsiderate.

You know, for someone who professes to love us all, you'd think that maybe the thought our time could be worth a little something might enter Jesus' skull once or twice. That maybe Jesus could tell us, "You know, there's no need to go all out for my birthday. Really. Me and my Dad, the all knowing, omnipotent creator of universes known and unknown, the Deity that can part seas with his breath, move mountains with his pinky and knows the exact number of hairs on your head, I'm sure we'll come up with something. Don't put yourself out just on my account."

"And there is really no need to invent The Clapper to sell in the season of my special day. You work too hard for your money."

That's what my Uncle Harold would say. Uncle Harold always insisted we never make a big deal about his birthday, because that was just the kind of guy Harold was. Unlike this prick Jesus who pretty much ruined my whole week with this Christmas shit.

And by whole week I mean entire month of December. And part of November as well. Traffic gets backed up because of a goddamn parade. People everywhere I want to shop. A big pile of pine trees right where I normally park my car at work. All because this savior of mankind lets it go straight to his head.

I got news for you Jesus. I once saved the life of a mouse we found in the backroom of the store. That's right. Instead of killing it, I captured the little guy and let him loose in the woods in back of the mall. And I don't expect the mouse to buy shit every year for my birthday either. I think maybe I could teach you a thing or two about humility Mr. Son of God.

The sad thing is it's not just me that gets screwed. The entire goddamn planet has to put their lives on hold just for Jesus every year. Fuck it makes me so mad. I got over birthdays when I was like 9, and Jesus still gets all giddy like a girl after 2000 of them? Give me a break.

Buddhism looks better every day. No wonder there are so many Buddhists.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The fundies are going to be apoplectic over this one.

Good!

Anonymous said...

You are *so* going to get fried by a lightning bolt.

Anonymous said...

Xmas has become like Japan's o-seibo,
which is their year-end gift giving
frenzy. However, there are more protocols
for o-seibo, since gifts are given
to neighbors, customers, vendors,
work colleagues, etc. Jesus has
nothing to do with it, here or in
Japan.

Mom said...

I am sure December rolls around and Jesus and God just hate it. I would if I were them. I mean, if someone was doing all sorts of stupid shit in my name every year, blaming their stupidity on me and killing themselves out of depression just because my birthday had rolled around, I would hate it, too.

I tell the kids this: Jesus was born, roughly about 2000 years ago. We tell them the story. Then I tell them that our traditional christmas's have really nothing to do with Jesus, it's just because people like getting gifts.

I try not to let them get Jesus all mixed up with the whole commercialization thing. I would opt out of Christmas if I thought my marriage would survive it.

Laura said...

Right on.

Formerly Disgruntled RPh said...

WOW!!! Remind me not to stand to close to you so I won't get hit by the lightning strike! You do realize that it's NOT Jesus that makes the Christmas season like that, it is the RETAILERS. Jesus just wants you to believe He gave His life for you. He doesn't care if you get a tree and gifts, etc. Deep breaths, dude, deep breaths.

Phathead said...

Hmmmm so are you conceding DM that Jesus did exist?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the reason for the season. <3

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't pick on the Japanese.

Someone might be slightly amused that one might think in Japan there is a Christian holiday called Christmas, maybe it's just a celebration involving lots of gifts to accompany the fun times of a traditional Happy New Year! For the hard-working citizenry, the last week of the old year is a time to relax and have fun with all generations of relatives, and that's why generally it's a popular time to take family vacations.

Từ Thanh Giác said...

I am a Buddhist. We celebrate the fun holidays. At Christmas we give gifts to the kids for fun.

Here is the kids Christmas Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRM2NV2Fz7s

Anonymous said...

Amen brother! ;p

I wouldn't worry too much about the lightning, either.

Anonymous said...

I believe in God, Jesus and Holy Spirit...I also believe in presents...:)
Woo hoo for wrapping paper...LOL
Congaqween