Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Can't Help But To Suspect The Involvement Of Karma In This.

From my after work perusal of the day's newspaper:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento firefighters say a man is seriously injured after he started a house fire while apparently burning his divorce papers.
Sacramento Fire Department Capt. Jim Doucette says the man lived with his father...The father tells firefighters his son had been lighting things on fire all night Friday, but none caught until midmorning Saturday when he set his divorce papers aflame.

Nothing says parental love like letting your offspring set fires all night long in your home, and nothing says incompetence like taking all night to catch something on fire. I really didn't come from the world's worst family. I feel better about myself now.

After that course of Karma, I'll add a dash of irony from an unrelated story in the same paper:

A three-car crash...trapped three people in an inverted Ford Escape.

I'm putting up a twenty the editor put in the name of the car model just to see if anyone would notice. I did.

I feel really good about myself now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't leave me hanging that long for twiter updates or blogs man... don't you know I check this site daily? No new drug monkey posts in 9 days makes pharmacists everywhere sad in the pants

Anonymous said...

I second that---I am more addicted to you than Facebook....welcome back and happy new year!

midwest woman said...

4 posts in 4 days...awesome. What's the inspiration for being so prolific? Lots of scotch for xmas presents? Anyway, keep 'em coming...something for me to look foward to.