Friday, January 19, 2007

Tonight I Lived The Fantasy of Every 12 Year Old Horny Beavis-Boy. Kind Of.

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON THIS RASH!!!!!!!! Said the nice lady customer at the counter. The lady customer knew that it would be very important for me to see the rash in question. The rash was under her boob, and she was absolutely convinced I had to see it.

Yes, she whipped it out. Right in front of me, my trusty technician, the store manager, and the guy who wanted to know which aisle the laxatives were on. You can imagine the attractiveness of a woman who would do something like this. You wouldn't be wrong.

Now, I could have lost it, and a few years ago I more than likely would have. Time has taught me though, that the quickest way to get that thing out of my face was to remain calm. "I don't need to see it ma'am" I said, then asked a couple questions, suggested some Lotrimin cream, and for once was happy I had a job that ensured that I had not had a chance to eat anything for the last 10 hours. She had more trouble getting it back in than she had getting it out.

Over a decade behind the pharmacy counter and now I am not the least bit fazed when a random ugly woman unexpectedly whips out a yeast infected boob. I'm really not sure what that says about where I am in life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually had the same thing happen to me one time... it was an eastern European lady who didn't speak much English. I think she thought I was a doctor.

That's nothing compared to what happened to a former colleague of mine. When he was an intern, he actually had a guy pull his scrotum out to display a rash - right in the middle of the skin care aisle (I am not making this up). The staff knew something was amiss when their poor intern returned to the dispensary looking as white as a sheet. Caring and compassionate people that we were, we nicknamed him "Scrote" for the rest of the summer (his real name was Scott so the nickname fit nicely).

Anonymous said...

Wow. Reminds me of that time I had a slack-jawed hick whip out his herpes-infested penis at me. I was 18, it was my first week as a technician, and I was seriously freaked out.

"What can I put on this?" he asked, pointing to his pox-covered pecker.

"Um..................let me get the pharmacist," I said, and ran away.

He explained loudly to the pharmacist, his weiner still dangling in full view, that he had a rash, which he thought was from his pants.

The pharmacist replied, "I don't think that's from your belt. It looks like herpes. Go see a doctor."

All of us present that day were female, for the record. He just whipped it out at a pharmacy full of women.

Several years later, for some reason I'm still at that job. And I'm going to pharmacy school.

Anonymous said...

Wow....that was the first time!!?? Trust me...it WON'T be the last!!! For some reasone..large..old women...love lifting their shirt to lift up their large "fun-bag" to show their "rash" to you.....where's the hot chick looking for cream for her newly shaved "kitty" that is irritating her!!?

Pamnesiac said...

I almost want to ask what city you work in.

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, one of my fellow pharmacist friends got a call from a guy asking what he could get for the blue fuzzy stuff growing on his scrotum that looked like mold on cheese.

It was actually me just wasting time at work and calling to fuck with him, but the fact that he didn't find it strange that some weirdo was calling to ask him a question like that speaks volumes about the outlandish stuff we occasionally see in our profession.

Jenn Siva said...

You have me laughing outloud! I have seen some crazy shit as a nursing student, but nothing compares to that!

Romius T. said...

Sweet awesomeness.