Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hate Mail Done Right

From the blog of my favorite radio show ever, The Al Franken Show on Air America. This on a day when Al was away and Billy the sidekick was filling in:

From: Ur a dick [mailto:yousuck@theallnitegaybar.suckit]
Sent: Tue 12/12/2006 12:17 PM
To: The Al Franken Show
Subject: Website Feedback: You are awful

Though I can take Franken's drunken rambling nonsense when I get high enough, no matter how much marijuana I smoke, no matter how many beers I drink, no matter how much masturbating I do, I can't bring myself to enjoy anything when you're on the air. Put something better on, like have Melanie Sloan fart on the mic to the national anthem

Drugmonkey haters, I post this as a direct challenge to you. I've been at this almost two years now, and not one of you has ever written a piece of hate mail that can hold the jock strap of these words. I realize every time I open my e-mail box it's not because you're not trying, but you can't seem to get past "why don't you just do your job and shut the fuck up?" or a comment along the lines that you would gladly put up with my workday in exchange for my paycheck. BOR-ING. Some of you who take issue with my politics will occasionally repeat things you've heard on the Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly show, evidently thinking that Rush and Bill talk only to you and don't broadcast over the public airwaves where millions of people, including me, can hear what they have said. A quality hate mail of the type Al Franken gets seems to be utterly beyond your capability.

Perhaps I am to blame. Maybe I have not been quite opinionated enough. Maybe those I hate (I'm looking at you Lloyd Duplantis of Gray, Louisiana) don't know how I really feel about them. On the other hand, perhaps I have done my job too well. Maybe when those who don't agree with me see my words of wisdom, my well documented chronicle of the error of their ways, they understand just how wrong they are and have no choice but to begin agreeing with me, leaving only the mentally retarded to oppose my view. Maybe. I am more inclined to think though, that people who hate Al Franken are just smarter than people who hate me.

Prove me wrong bitches. My birthday is coming up soon. Send me a hate mail done right to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Some of you who take issue with my politics will occasionally repeat things you've heard on the Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly show, evidently thinking that Rush and Bill talk only to you and don't broadcast over the public airwaves where millions of people, including me, can hear what they have said."

For some reason, i've thought this same thing a zillion times but never seemed to actually formulate a coherent thought about it. I think nowadays it's a lot bigger than Rush and O'Reilly though.... Michael savage fans suffer from this problem greatly as do many of the readers of the Dialy Kos.

I had a coworker that listened to Neil Boortz and the second Boortz said something he found witty, there he went repeating it himself. The worst part was that his cubicle was outside my office door, so most of the time, I'd actually hear Boortz make the comment, then wait 30-45 seconds and he'd be in my office arguing with me. I have such unusual political views that I catch it from both ends of the spectrum - it's enough to drive me nuts some days.