Sunday, December 24, 2006

Well Tonight Thank God It's Them Instead Of You.

You got the best line in the whole song Bono. Of course back then you deserved it. You're sorely missed you Irish bastard, all the more so because you're still around.

We're not so different Mr. Bono, you and I. We both saw how the world shits on people who don't deserve it and were beside ourselves as to why. I decided that I wouldn't do anyone any good if I couldn't put food in my own stomach though, and I'm sure you felt the same way about your band; doesn't do any good to bug someone if they're not listening I suppose. But by the time our personal dollars had been stabilized we both found ourselves swept away by forces we no longer controlled. I took a job for corpo-pharmacy and your concerts were promoted by Clear Channel Communications. You sell your red iPods and I write a check to Oxfam and on the day we die the world will be shitting on people who don't deserve it. I miss you Bono. I miss me too.

Merry Christmas fuckers. Tonight thank God it's them instead of you.


2 comments:

Katie Schwartz said...

ok, that's super depressing. but, VERY IMPORTANT and very true. so sad. thank you for posting that, muffin top.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the dichotomy of the human heart. How one can be so idealistic and yet sell-out at a moments notice should it satisfy our personal agenda? Charity covers the guilt of our awareness. It helps me sleep at night.

Gatorgal R.Ph.