Friday, December 08, 2006

A Bit Of Irony From The Land Of The Kama Sutra


On one level I feel bad making light of this, as it probably came from the effort to understand why India has the world's largest HIV caseload:


Condoms designed to meet international size specifications are too big for many Indian men as their penises fall short of what manufacturers had anticipated, an Indian study has found.

The Indian Council of Medical Research, a leading state-run center, said its initial findings from a two-year study showed 60 percent of men in the financial capital Mumbai had penises about 2.4 cm (one inch) shorter than those condoms catered for.

For a further 30 percent, the difference was at least 5 cm (two inches).


Yeah. HIV is serious stuff, but um......BBBBWWWWWHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAHHHAAAAA!!!!! there's just no way I can't find this hilarious. I mean, c'mon, it took some pinheads two years to figure out their schlongs aren't ready for the era of free trade? What in the hell do you think they were doing for over 700 days? Measuring over and over again, hoping for a different result?

Women of India, all I can say is, I am here to help.

4 comments:

Randall Sexton said...

Why don't you stay home and I'll take care of the poor "short-shafted" women of India. I'm closer to them than you are. I'm going to put a link from your blog to mine...you have a sense of good sense humor.

Anonymous said...

The Indian pharmacist I used to work with is probably glad we no longer work together, because I'd be giving him all kinds of shit about this article!

Jenn Siva said...

My husband is from Sri Lanka. I told him about this and he says it is only true for Indians, but Sri Lankans came from india.

Oh well doesnt matter, I am satisfied.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand people getting upset about such little things.