Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Sports Post #1. I Have A Dream, Chasing A Rubenesque Whitney Houston In An Eternal 100-Yard Dash.


I shit you not my friends, this was an actual real dream that came into the DrugMonkey's head during the night, or more likely late morning , of this day:

I emerge from the locker room to take part in a track meet. As I take the field, the electricity amongst the crowd is overwhelming. Whitney Houston will be there. You see, in my dream, before her singing career and years of drug-fueled creatively inactive notoriety, Whitney was a star of track and field, and this event was to be the start of her comeback. Whitney was wearing a black fishnet, spandexy thing that was not flattering to the pounds she's picked up over the years. During the race, Whitney and I were lapped by the eventual winner, even though we were competing in the 100 yard dash. I finished the event in what seemed like around three hours in next to last place, ahead of only Whitney Houston.

I went through a phase in college when I thought Whitney Houston was the most beautiful woman on earth. Other than that, I have no fucking idea what this whole episode says about my subconscious mind, none the less I find myself feeling disturbed.

Maybe I should lay off the melatonin.

3 comments:

Katie Schwartz said...

ok, is this pre-bobby brown whitney you are having night visions of or post-bobby brown?

I really need to know.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

It was 80's Whitney plus maybe 20 pounds. I wouldn't know what Whitney looked like today if she bit me in the ass.

Maybe that's the next dream.

Anonymous said...

I knew I saw Whitney Houston somewhere! I thought it was in the e-mails. Duh, of course it was on here.