Saturday, November 04, 2006

Real Words Spoken By A Real Customer.

UMMM......YEAH.......I TAKE ADDERALL........AND.......UH.......KLONOPIN.......AND......VICODIN..... TAKE THE VICODIN BECAUSE IT HELPS ME CONCENTRATE.......AND THIS HERE'S A PRESCRIPTION FOR PROZAC. MY DOCTOR SAID IT WOULD HELP GROW BRAIN CELLS. IS THAT RIGHT?????

Oh severely misguided customer, you have no idea how sincerely... how deeply....how with every last bit of a bit of my very soul I wish that Prozac grew brain cells. I would give it away for free. I would put it in the water. I would bake it in bread. I would saturate the atmosphere with nebulized Prozac if only it were so. My dear sir, you and I, we're not so different, we both long for something........anything, that will allow your brain grow out of it's current sorry state. What a wonderful dream to have.....

Until that day comes my good man, might I suggest you at least stop killing the brain cells you do have. I swear I could pick out the particular brand of gin that was lending it's aroma to your breath. I'm not sure if that says more about your love of alcohol or mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As my husband likes to tell me, when I come home and share some of the stories from work that day. (Being sure not to divulge any private information so I am not in HIPPA Violation!), those of us that work at pharmacies are SICK PEOPLE!!! For example, one of our "favorite" customers came to pick up meds for himself and his wife yesterday, one of his, Lamisil, was still in the call box, waiting for a PA but he DID have his Testim Gel. After paying for his meds (no consults involved, they were all COT's) he returned to the counter in a minute to talk to a pharmacist. He wanted to know if the Testim was FOR THAT JUNK ON HIS FEET!!!!! Well, the pharmacist managed to make it through the conversation with a straight face but as soon as "Mr. Fungus" was out of earshot, we all COLLAPSED in hysterics!!We decided that maybe his wife has a foot fetish...heheheheh Maybe he could use a little Prozac to grow a few brain cells!!!

Anonymous said...

You're one hell of a creative writer. You capture our hellish (and comical)workday so perfectly. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
-Another drone in the profession.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I wish, as I'm on 40 mg/day. I swear it's destroyed my short-term memory. I thought the Vicodin-helps-me-concentrate part was the funniest, though. Shit, if I had scripts for Adderall, Klonopin and Vicodin I wouldn't need my 'zac, I'd be happier than a pig in slop.

Patricia said...

I've encountered people that still think water fluoridation is a Commie plot. Putting it in the water and air would hard sell, to say the least.