Monday, November 17, 2008

I Know It's Not Nice To Make Fun Of The West Virginians, But The West Virginians Make It So Damn Easy.

From The AP wire:


W. Virginia town shrugs at poorest health ranking

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – As a portly woman plodded ahead of him on the sidewalk, the obese mayor of America's fattest and unhealthiest city explained why health is not a big local issue.

"It doesn't come up," said David Felinton, 5-foot-9 and 233 pounds, as he walked toward City Hall one recent morning.


"But enough about my sex life" he quickly didn't add. "I thought this was going to be an interview about Huntington's ranking as America's unhealthiest city"

God I crack me up. Unlike the West Virginians. Who usually just piss me off every time they put themselves in a position where I can't ignore them. They did do the right thing on election day however by showing the country they are nothing like me or my type. They can continue to show how different they are by dying early while the rest of us live a long and healthy life.

A rare win win situation. You go West Virginia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think back to when you 'vacationed' in SE Ohio a while back. I bet they weren't too much healthier. The yahoo article says the 'huntington area' actually includes an Ohio county...you can take the drugmonkey out of appalachia, but you can't take the appalachia out of the drugmonkey...

Anonymous said...

Making fun of poor white people is so courageous. And original.
The "let's make fun of WV" meme is tired and rife with stereotypes...and I know--I lived there...There is not much difference in ignorance anywhere you go, in my humble opinion.