Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It Is All Becoming Clear Now. I Am But A Patsy-Boy For Criminals With Very Low Ambitions.

From the trade mag Drug Topics:

Two former executives at CVS Corp. were charged in a probe into influence peddling at the Rhode Island State House. John R. Kramer, former CVS senior VP for corporate affairs and government relations, and Carlos Ortiz, former VP of government affairs, were charged with one count each of conspiracy and bribery and 21 counts each of fraud for allegedly paying former state senator John Celona to scotch legislation

I fail to understand how promoting scotch legislation can be a bad thing. Nonetheless, it appears these two boys are in a bit of trouble. An isolated incident I'm sure. A few bad apples pop up in any group of people.....

Associated Press
May 27th, 2004


Former Rite Aid Corp. chief executive Martin L. Grass was sentenced to eight years in prison Thursday for conspiring to falsely inflate the value of the company his father founded and cover up the scheme. Grass, 50, who headed up the nation's third-largest pharmacy chain, also was fined $500,000 and given three years' probation for his role in a billion-dollar accounting fraud that sent the company's stock tumbling.

Grass' sentence is considerably longer than those imposed on three other former Rite Aid executives sentenced this week after pleading guilty to conspiracy.

Hmmmmmm....now add in the tale of Micky Monus:

In 1992, when Phar-Mor had grown to over 300 stores and 25,000 employees, Monus and his CFO Patrick Finn were accused of embezzlement: they had allegedly hidden losses and moved about $10 million from Phar-Mor to the World Basketball League that Monus had founded

Finn testified against Monus and received 33 months in prison. Monus' first trial ended in a hung jury in 1994; he was convicted at the second trial on 109 federal counts, mostly related to fraud, and sentenced to 19 years and 7 months in federal prison.


OK, forget about the few bad apples. It's a lot of fucking bad apples. It would seem we have a pattern of criminal behavior throughout the chain drugstore industry. Really stupid criminal behavior. Forget about being dumb enough to get caught. These clowns put their ass on the line by paying off a local legislator in the smallest state in the country, or so they could establish a basketball league for players 6-foot-5 and under. I'm not making that up. In Rite-Aid's case, the billion dollar fraud was evidently for no point whatsoever. I am profoundly embarrassed to be employed in this sector. I'm thinking of quitting and joining the competent criminals of the mob, so I can at least take a little pride in my organization. Bootleg liquor, easy broads, and non-stop protection money rolling in the front door beat the hell out of basketball played by midgets.

I at least hope the scotch legislation passed.

2 comments:

Mother Jones RN said...

A couple of years ago I served as an intern for a state senator in my home state, and yes, I’m sure I’m the oldest intern on record, but that’s beside the point. My talents as a psych nurse were extremely valuable as I sat at the front desk answering the phones and bitch-slapping lobbyists that tried sneaking past me without an appointment. Occasionally, someone from the pharmaceutical industry would drop by and tried talking my boss into supporting legislation that would have put the screws to consumers. Fortunately, the senator was a former nurse. She knew that they were pimping was BS. As for liquid spirits, I don’t recall seeing any pending legislation regarding scotch, but I do remember seeing a few bills on my desk regarding the sale of wine over the Internet.

Oh Drug Monkey, please don’t join the mob. You would be missed. Besides, you don’t strike me as the type of guy that would enjoy carrying a violin case to work everyday.


MJ

Anonymous said...

Not getting the whole "scotch" thing? Rum makes me a happy girl.

Gatorgal R.Ph.