Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hillary Clinton. John Kerry In A Pant Suit.

I was really looking forward to not getting involved this time around.

Four years ago, the shock of how incredibly stupid most of you fuckers were being drove me to use my vacation time to go to New Hampshire. I wholeheartedly believe in your right to be stupid as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, but you started a war, and wars hurt people. I thought burning up my vacation time to try to talk some sense into members of my own party was the least I could do. My party didn't want to hear it though. There was one viable candidate who was unambiguously telling you and everyone who would listen George Bush was making a mistake, but you wouldn't listen. You listened to the scream instead. You have no idea the disillusionment that washed over my soul as I watched people that should have known better vote for the phony, spineless, finger in the wind non-leader John Kerry over the person who was being honest. 2004 will always be remembered by me as the year fear trumped truth.

But hey, it's 2007 and times have changed. Most of you realize now that I was right. No hard feelings. Simply send me a signed, notarized statement admitting you were wrong and that my judgement is better than yours, and I will consider forgiving. Forgetting however, is off the table. Thankfully people, or at least Democrats, seem to have figured out the evil that is George Bush's death machine, meaning this year I can use my hard-earned vacation time to go somewhere warm and sunny and have my scotch by the beach with a little umbrella in the glass confident that the nominee of my party will fight the good fight in the next presidential election. Maybe someone like John Edwards:

I was wrong.

Almost three years ago we went into Iraq to remove what we were told -- and what many of us believed and argued -- was a threat to America. But in fact we now know that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction when our forces invaded Iraq in 2003. The intelligence was deeply flawed and, in some cases, manipulated to fit a political agenda.


It was a mistake to vote for this war in 2002.


Good for you Opie.

Opie's not the only good candidate running this time around. Here's a cut and paste from BarakObama.com:

Before the war in Iraq ever started, Senator Obama said that it was wrong in its conception. In 2002, then Illinois State Senator Obama said Saddam Hussein posed no imminent threat to the United States and that invasion would lead to an occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.


Sweet. The only thing better than admitting you made a mistake is not making a mistake in the first place. These Democratic presidential candidates just keep getting better and better. Let's see what Hillary Clinton had to say when asked about her vote to authorize the war:

Roger Tilton, 46, a financial adviser, told Clinton that unless she recanted her vote, he was not in the mood to listen to her other policy ideas.

"I want to know if right here, right now, once and for all and without nuance, you can say that war authorization was a mistake," said Tilton.

Clinton replied: "The mistakes were made by this president, who misled this country and this Congress"


Oh Shit. She was given a point-blank opportunity to admit she made a mistake and instead blamed George Bush for misleading the Congress. The Congress she was a part of. Kinda like when Bill misled her about Monica. It's looking like there are some serious judgement problems with this woman who fell for the lies of two consecutive presidents.

Yet as of this moment she is the front runner. You're not going to make me come to New Hampshire again are you? I was really looking forward to not getting involved this time around.

4 comments:

Surf Selection said...

Ha! I love this article, I still can't figure out why people are seriously considering Hillary for President. Is America really ready for a female to take over? As a female myself, I would have to say that no we arent and IF WE WERE... I certainly would not want it to be her. Let me know what you think, i'm trying to figure it all out, http://www.newsmax.com/poll/hillary/?s=bl&promo_code=2DAE-1, I'll post results.

Know it.
Shelby the Intern

Anonymous said...

The Congaqween having acquired a BA(should have been a BS...LOL)in Political Science)would normally be piqued by the discussion of women in politics...discussions about Hillary Clinton however has been the exception. Not so much because I dont admire her drive or achievements(professional as well as family....like raising Chelsea...and from what I read turned out to be a bright, independent, intelligent, industrious young woman. From what I can tell, Chelsea isn't getting arrested every other Tuesday like the Bush twins, speaking of...funny we don't hear too much about them lately anymore, maybe that convent doesn't allow outgoing mail)and I applaud Hillary and Bill for turning out a decent young lady.....but I digress, the reason Hillary in politics doesn't pique my interest is because the more I hear/learn about her as of late, I am finding that my BS detector is on full alert. There is something about her, and I cant quite get...something NOT genuine about her that my antennae will NOT let me ignore.
I dont know the woman personally, but my intuition tells me things, things that trouble me on many a level.
I think that Hillary tries to ride the fence as much as she can...trying to be ALL things to all people. If she hasn't figured it out....this is humanly impossible. But bless her lil fence-riding heart...she tries. I watched her on TV the other nite, (there was NOTHING else on), during one of those townhall mtgs. and there was something about the forced smile she was wearing, that seemed like it was about to make her face crack. It made it almost painful to watch.
She came across as insincere...you know that "air-kisses" kind of sincere insincerity, patronizing almost.....and I wondered if she knew how the viewing female public, ok well, at least the Congaween,I qualify as the female(since birth, ahem)viewing public, was picking up the vibes.
I admire strong women. Let me say that again, I admire strong women!!!
Women who take a stance. Popular or not....women like Barbara Jordan, Bella Abzug, Shirley Chisholm. These were women who didn't give a rat's ass if their point of view ruffled feathers, they stood for principle. And men and women alike admired them. People may not have liked their political stances, but make NO mistake, they were forces to be reckoned with.
If I was Hillary's advisor, I would be having conversations with her, such as....."Listen Hill, stop trying to appeal...if you're more comfortable coming across as decisive, action-oriented, don't stifle that characteristic, hon. Be yourself....there will be people out there, women and men who will trust what you say, based on what you are and what your beliefs are. After all, isn't that the way of democracy, where people can and should stand for something??"
But that is too simple, instead these advisors are trying to package Hillary into something she just cant be naturally, her appearance did not translate well and that will be her undoing. There was no principle, empathy- vibe emananting. I dont think her advisors have taken into consideration that in many American households....it is NOT the male that makes the important decisions of the day(from what autos to buy, to what stocks should be purchased).
We women, and u know its true, have men believe that they are the key decision-makers and in fact, most men I think secretly like NOT having to make those decisions(correct me if I'm wrong), and so Hillary's advisors have fallen into this deluded political trap that they have to soften, the image, the verbiage for us female viewers, for it to be palatable.
They couldn't be more wrong...or deluded!!!
We women are strong, we can handle bad news, bad circumstances, bad kids/husbands/boyfriends, bad hair days and bad politics, we dont like it, but we can handle it. What we can't tolerate is insincerity and people who cannot/will not stand on principle.
We are poorer as a society because women like Shirley, Bella and Barbara who stood on principle lived at a time when the powers that be fostered a societal undercurrent that gave us the message that women could not become President in their day. Fast-forward to 2007, those same powers that be are now fostering a diff version of that undercurrent that society MIGHT be ready to accept having a female leader. Unfortunately a pre-packaged one who is mirroring the status-quo and we are somehow supposed to be alright with that, or maybe they dont think we'll notice. (Congaqween re-arranges her BS detector to pick up subtle changes).
May be the powers that be are hoping that the American public has forgotten about Barbara, Shirley, Bella, and when everything is said and done.....they maybe be hoping that princples and strong women may have gone by the wayside in the political realm.
I know this country is full of competent, strong, empathetic women....mothers, businesswomen, doctors, lawyers. Strong women of principle, characterand ethics.
I am sad that the front running female candidate has decided that perhaps playing the status quo game, the fence-riding, the patronization of viewers will suffice to lull us women into forgetting the likes of Barbara, Shirley and Bella.
I THINK NOT!!!!

Mike said...

Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and usually for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

I found the article about you going to New Hampshire when I was on one of my stalking adventures!

You are quite the driven person.

I wonder if you can see comments left on archived posts... *shrugs*