Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Today My Pharmacy Tech Brokered A Peace Deal Worthy Of Camp David.

Me, upon seeing one of our regular little old blue haired lady customers entering the front of the store: "Ugh......I HATE this woman."

Pharmacy Manager: Why is that?

This type of question usually opens the floodgates of my mind, resulting in me spouting forth a tidal wave of past wrongs committed by said customer, my blood pressure rising to new heights as I give a detailed, lengthy explanation of why this person deserves to be banned from the store, and more importantly, from my life. I am a petty man who has a long memory and holds grudges. This time though, after a few seconds of silence I said "I don't remember, I just do."

Pharmacy Manager: Well she hates you too. She told me once she wasn't going to come here anymore when you were working. She must really be sick.

Me: Good. I hate her.

Pharmacy Tech: I think it's because she's hard of hearing and you thought she was stupid.

Me: Nuh uh, I wouldn't do that.

Pharmacy Manager: Yes you would. You totally would.

Me: Shut up.

As this conversation unfolded the top of her little blue head approached the pharmacy like the fin of a great white shark.

Pharmacy Tech: Seriously Drugmonkey, she's not that bad. We see a lot worse.

Me: I don't care. Go to the counter and keep her away from me.

Blue hair is picking up a prescription and some cat treats from the pet supply section. My trusty tech interrupts the transaction to turn to me and say:

"Aren't these the treats your cat likes so much Drugmonkey?"

Mentally I turned the knob on the phaser I keep behind my eyeballs from stun to kill. I aimed at the tech and prepared to shoot laser beams out of my retinas. Evidently my phaser batteries needed recharging though, as nothing happened. I was forced to answer the question.

"Yes."

Blue Hair: WHAT??

Tech: Drugmonkey says his cat loves these treats

Oh you're so gonna die when I find my recharger. I did NOT volunteer that information.

Blue Hair: WHAT'S YOUR CATS NAME?

Me: Spooky.

Blue Hair: WHAT??

Tech: He said spooky. She's a black cat he got on Halloween.

Blue Hair: YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WOULD HAVE A CAT. YOU SHOULD BRING IN A PICTURE.

Me: Maybe I will.

Blue Hair: "HAVE A NICE DAY"

What was now radiating from my tech's eyes had nothing to do with phasers. It had more to do with smugness. A rare moment of harmony settled over the happy pill room.

Of course the tech is a woman. This afternoon she provided a small example of why men should be barred from all positions of power.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drug Monkey....maybe u should replace the phaser w/a small flask of scotch....for medicinal purposes only of course.....just a thought.
Congaqween

Anonymous said...

It's great when the tech saves the day. Some of them have to interpret for me because I don't have the time or patience with many. You never know though-pets can be a common bond, usually the only one. Sometime we have to use whatever is in our aresenal in order to face the little fuckers. PS-you make me laugh so hard sometimes I pee a little.

Anonymous said...

My tech told a blue hair to take 12 Vitamin B 1's to get Vit. B 12. Thank (pharmacy) God that I was listening.

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely one from you.

Anonymous said...

check out our blog:

www.fastfoodpharmacy.blogspot.com

Thanks!