Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Work For An Employer Who Is Wise

An employer who likes to make money. Fine. I'm a general fan of money myself, and until the revolution comes that's just the way it is. I can deal.

My employer likes to think about how it can make more money, make plans that involve making more money, and call meetings to let employees know what it has decided are the best ways to make more money. One such meeting was held recently involving all the pharmacy managers in our district. At this meeting it was emphasized to the pharmacy managers the importance of keeping payroll costs under control. Putting money in the hands of employees means less money for the corporation the pharmacy managers were told, and this must be avoided whenever possible.

Every store's pharmacy manager was there at the all day meeting so they could be told of the importance of controlling payroll. Every store was open at the time. Which meant that every store in the district had a staff pharmacist, like me, earning time and a half for the last 4 hours of a 12 hour shift that day. I probably won't laugh all the way to the bank, but I'm sure I'll let out a chuckle or two.

The managers were paid mileage to get to the meeting.

No comments: