Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Let's Tune Into The Drugnazi's Thoughts For A Few Minutes As He Fills Your Prescription........

...............I think when I end up in hell, I'll spend my time looking for Hitler. Why not? I've got all eternity, you know he'll be there somewhere, and I'll need something to occupy my time.

Override that clinical review screen.

I wonder if he'll have a lot of people around him? I mean being a hell celebrity and all. Maybe that's his punishment, having schleps like me bug him until the end of time.

Shit. NDC number doesn't match. Oh. different manufacturer, it's OK. I'm backed up, I'm not gonna change this one. Breakin' the law......breakin' the law........

You know, I think there would be a certain freedom in being sent to hell. I mean what exactly could they do to you if you tell Satan to go fuck himself? Send you to hell? All the dead Christians are probably walking around on eggshells afraid of pissing off the big guy.

Dammit. This is a bottle of 30 and the label says 90. Gotta send this one back. *sigh*

I've never been able to pronounce the word "woman" the way everyone else does in Appalachia. They say it kinda like "whooaaman." Weird since I grew up there and have no trouble slipping into a hick accent when the occasion arises.

PENICILLIN ALLERGY! DON'T LET THIS ONE OUT OF YOUR SIGHT OR THAT DAMN NEW CLERK WILL SELL IT.

There's a lot of coal in Appalachia. I wonder why the region didn't get rich off of it the way Texas did with oil? Probably because people in Appalachia are really stupid.................

We now return you to your regular programming...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear drugnazi,
i was wondering what your thoughts were on:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17219
be forwarned that there is a picture of ann coulter near this article-
thank you

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Here's a link to the article for those of you who don't feel like cutting and pasting.

Thanks for the Coulter heads up. I found the screaming Cro-Magnon hoochie in the dating service ad to actually be more frightening. That chick should ever be so lucky as to get a piece of the drugnazi.

The Human Events article tries to discredit the AARP study I wrote about a few days ago by using a typical tactic of the right wing; lying. Here's a cut and paste from the article:

AARP found that overall drug prices climbed an average of 3.9% in the first three months of this year.

That's not what the AARP said. The report says that 193 brand name meds commonly prescribed to old people have gone up that much, and the AARP never tried to pretend they were saying anything else. Basically, the AARP is measuring prices of meds that are actually used, while the "overall drug prices" measured by the CPI the Human Events article seems to love so much would include such drugs as reserpine, methyldopa, and Nardil. Prices for meds such as these are pretty stable, as you couldn't give them away at most drugstores. Take a look at what your local pharmacy is charging for drugs people actually buy such as Ambien, Avandia, or Combivent compared to a year ago and you'll find out exactly what the AARP did. It's a lot more.

The line that AARP is trying to measure overall drug prices is a little lie. The article then follows it up with a big one:

And neither study reflects the fact that half of all prescriptions in America today are generic. And generics are almost always far cheaper than their brand-name counterparts.

Here's the headline of the AARP study, the one that "doesn't reflect the fact that half of all prescriptions in America today are generic."

"Prices of Brand Name Drugs Continue to Rise Faster Than Inflation. GENERIC PRICES HOLD STEADY" (emphasis mine)

Lawence A. Hunter, who wrote the Human Events piece, either has the reading comprehension of a 4-year old child with Down's Syndrome or he's counting on you not making the effort to read the study yourself. I'll let you decide which one is more likely. Especally since there is no link to the AARP study on the Human Events web page.

There are other problems with the article, like the bizarre claim that increased wholesale acquisition costs aren't passed along to the final consumer, but you get the idea. Thanks for the comment.

Drugnazi

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til you sound like a hick again. I cannot wait.