Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Lady At The Pizza Place Gave Me A Free Soda Today

I wonder if she was hitting on me? I wouldn't blame her, 'cause I am kinda hot. Some have said I bear an uncanny resemblance to the Italian chemist Amedeo Avogadro.

On the other hand, it looked like she had already rung up my total, and adding a soda was more work than she was interested in.

I have long said that the three forces that rule the world are laziness, money, and incompetence. These three words explain 99.98% of human actions.

Since the second explanation fits into the "3 forces" rule, it's the one I'll have to go with.......dammit.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Incidentally, the Boltzmann constant can be derived simply by dividing the gas constant (more commonly called "R") by Avogadro's number. Now I know this may not seem useful... but clearly, you are not a chemistry student.
See? Avogadro's number is useful! And I must add... Avogadro is even sexier than I remembered. WOW. > >

I'm kind of glad I didn't ally my blogger account with my google account now... thankfully, I have different passwords for the two. Maybe I'll wait till it's out of beta. It won't let you comment under your name now? It says Google/Blogger. Dirty bastards!

Stephanie said...

I'm gonna try to comment one more time! Everytime I leave my comment I get a page cannot be displayed stupid damn blogger error so I don't know if it went through or how many times. ANYWAY! My comment was:
I never get free sodas! Maybe she knew you were a Pharmacist, and gave you the free soda to get on your good side, so that eventually she could marry you and subsequently kill you and collect your money.

Anonymous said...

Amedeo Avogadro.

damn. you said it. F-U-C-K. I thought I was done w/ that in Gen Chem one...sheesh.