Thursday, March 13, 2008

This Day Brought Bullshit That Was Simultaneously Familiar And Different.

"Uhhhhhhhh........yeah.......ummmmmmmm........is this the pharmacist?"

"Yes it is"

"Yeah...uhhhhh.....I'm here from out of town..."

Any phone call that starts with 10 seconds of "uuuhhhhhhhh" will not go well. Any call that starts with the words "I'm here from out of town" will not go well. This one had both. I prepared for my doom.

"......and I accidentally brought some Norco with me....."

Wow. Haven't heard this a million times before. Snore......

Wait a minute........ Extra Norco? Does not compute......

"It's my girlfriend's, and I was wondering if I could bring them to you, so she could pick some up at the corpo-pharmacy in Orange County. It doesn't have a label on it though"

I wasn't drowning in prescriptions at the time so I decided to play a little bit.

"So.....there's no way for me to know where these pills came from or where they've been, or even if they are what you say they are, but you want me to take them from you so someone 300 miles away can get some free narcotics"

He wasn't getting my drift. "Yeah" he said. There was actually a tinge of hope in his voice.

"I'll give you points for creativity. This is the first time in my career someone's ever made up a story that involved giving me some Norco"

"Huh?"

"The answer's no"

"You're a dick!!"

At least I still have all my hair.

4 comments:

Charlie said...

We would've helped him find a way to get the norco to his g/f. Probably give him the phone number for DHL or something like that. Or told him we sell road maps.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a teleportation device, like in the movie, "The Fly?"

Oh--I am not opposed to a story or two about your Cat, Spooky. Was the cat named for the old song "Love is kinda crazy with a Spooky little girl like you?"

The little tech that does... said...

I wonder how many times he practice that story before he got you on the phone. You hit the nail on the head for creativity though.

Jake Mock said...

Story of the day, for sure.