Monday, March 10, 2008

I Could Write About How Hillary Clinton Hopes To Subvert The Will Of Democratic Primary Voters, But It's More Of A Freaky Customer Kinda Night

The first bit of pill counting action this day was a phone call. "Yeah.....I got some Oxycodone yesterday, and I got another prescription for it today, so I was wondering....."

You know how the rest of the phone call went. The next call was a phone in prescription for Adipex to be taken three times a day. Those of you in the profession will be shocked...just shocked.... to hear it was a Physician's Assistant doing the phoning. Those of you not in the profession should know that taking Adipex three times a day would be a lot like doing the crystal meth. And that this was far from the first time I've come across a Physician's Assistant with their head up their ass.

Drugmonkey to the day's first customer: "How are you today?"

Customer: "Oh...pretty good, I think I had a little stroke last night though."

An hour later a front end employee thought they were fooling everyone by trying to have a cigarette in the bathroom.

Yesterday I had called a doctor's office because a customer said this doctor told them to take more warfarin than originally prescribed. I needed to confirm this so the customer's insurance company wouldn't reject their next claim as a "refill too soon." This kind of thing happens all the time. The doctor returned my call today and said:

"I got your message regarding Mr. Smith.......so....what's the new dose?"

There seemed to be something about the phone that made everyone using it a little extra stupid today.

The pattern continued with the next call:

"YES......I HAVE SOME DIARRHEA." The volume was the maximum a phone's ear piece could produce. "AND MY FRIEND.....HE SAYS IT COULD MEAN I HAVE BEEN.... POISONED!!!!! IS THIS TRUE?"

So I told him he probably had about an hour to live. Not really.

A lady insisted for over 5 minutes that her child had to have Amoxicillin suppositories. She would accept no cure for an ear infection that did not involve the anus. If I were some sort of right-wing evangelical Republican type it would have been obvious to me she was trying to turn the lad into a homosexual.

Last week we put up a counter display of pillholders that you can attach to your keychain. It took less than 7 days for someone to complain that there was nothing inside the pillholders. Then someone's runny nose made a puddle next to the cash register and it was time to go home. Sweet sweet scotch.

By the way, the headline is true. There is no way Hillary Clinton will go into the Democratic convention having won more delegates than Barack Obama. She knows this. This means it is her ambition that two presidents in a row assume office having won fewer votes than their opponent at some stage of the electoral process.

There's a fair chance it might happen. Remember that the next time someone says it is up to us to defend democracy in other countries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap... your site makes me Laugh out loud more than any other thing I read. My sides seriously hurt a little right now. We get some great calls from PA's too, and is it just me or are half the people we serve in pharmacies complete nut jobs?