Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Small Window Into The Subconscious Mind Of The Drugmonkey


In my dream I had been sent back with several of my friends from college to complete some remedial academic work. The work was very easy, which left us plenty of time to party even though I kept forgetting my homework and having to re-do it at the last minute. It was kinda like spring quarter of my 5th year in college, yet very different at the same time.

My friends and I decided to go to a bar where the house band featured my friend Mary from high school. I always had a crush on Mary, but figured she was out my league since she was a cheerleader and all. As I watched Mary's band play I became captivated by the bass guitarist. An inexplicable feeling came over me as she laid down some of the most solid bass lines I had ever heard while playing an instrument shaped like some sort of gourd. When the band was done playing Mary came over to talk with me and my friends. I asked about the bass player. Mary laughed and warned me to stay away from her. I couldn't understand why and turned to look at one of my college friends, who laughed as well. "She'll just break your heart" he said. "Don't do it"

I don't understand why it was so important for me to stay away from the bass player, but all in all, it wasn't a bad way to spend the night. I wonder if the band might not be there again this night after I fall asleep.......

I swear I have never smoked weed.

3 comments:

Jenn Siva said...

Naw the good dreams are never there again when you want them to be. But the ones where you and Gary Coleman are naked in a hot tub, seem to keep coming back (oh wait that is my nightmare).

Anonymous said...

That girl in the picture is SMOKING hot.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is the source of that Gmail ad you mentioned once.. the one about cheerleader outfits.