Monday, July 02, 2007

Highlights From Today's Pill Counting Action.

Prescription filling is serious business, and I appreciate customers who can understand this. You can imagine how my heart leapt for joy then when my day started with a customer waving his prescription paper at me from afar. Like way afar. Like other side of the store afar. This man obviously wanted to let me know his prescription was not to be taken lightly as he continued to signal me with his prescription all the way up to the counter. He had a smile on his face that indicated he was proud of himself for making it to the drop off window. Perhaps I should have been signaling him back, guiding him in. I fear I may have missed an opportunity for customer service.

The next customer took her purchases very seriously as well. Unfortunately they were toothpicks. It was very, very important that I write the manufacturer of the house brand of toothpicks to inform them they did not glide between the teeth as well as the brand the woman was used to. I looked at her like she was hablaing Espanol. Even though she wasn't hablaing Espanol, there was much I didn't understand.

Things started to look up when I realized the mirror on the reading glasses display had been tilted perfectly to an angle where I could see the cleavage of every woman trying on a pair. Of glasses that is. I soon realized however, I would be watching the cleavage of women who were old enough to be buying reading glasses. Oh well. I've always been more of a hair freak anyway. Chicks don't seem to mind as much when you stare at their hair. You can easily pretend to be looking them in the eyes.

I was told over and over again by a very upset customer with little else on her mind that my corpro-pharma employer was making a grave mistake by not offering a new mother discount on prescriptions. I called the competitor who offered this discount to find my regular price was two dollars less than their marked down one. The new mother had awful looking hair.

Last question of the day: "I just ordered this prescription from Caremark. Will it still come?"

I'm feeling pretty good about that college education tonight. Release the scotch.

2 comments:

LD50 Rat said...

That Caremark question....how did you not just scream? It makes me doubt how truly smart humans are.

You needed a hot tub full of scotch after that day.

LD50 Rat

Anonymous said...

Drink a lot of scotch eh? It seems like after your days, I would be driven to drinking as well. And I don't drink !