Saturday, October 14, 2006

Random Election Night Observations

At least it's election night for me, as California has a permanent absentee/early voting system that means you can sit down in front of the information superhighway and do your election research and voting all in one easy step. While doing so I come across the website of the candidate for governor of the Peace and Freedom party, Janice Jordan. At the top of one of the pages there's a picture of Ms. Jordan holding a giant banner reading "Free Leonard Peltier" and another of her being led away by the cops after being arrested at a San Diego protest.

Now I ask you, how the hell could I not vote for that? So I did.

Sure, the current governor thinks he's some sort of tough guy because he used to lift weights and pretend to fight aliens from a Hollywood movie set, but MY candidate rages against the man and gets led away by the pigs.

Sweet.

Those of you who regularly read my little blog garden also know I've been covering Dick Mountjoy's campaign for US Senate like a ribbed Trojan. My inner Beavis has been eagerly anticipating the moment when I would see the words "Dick Mountjoy" printed on official election material. My expectations were exceeded though when I opened my ballot envelope and saw this:







Huh huh......ok......so I understand wanting the name "Richard" on your ballot line. But then to go out of your way to make sure "Dick" gets in there as well.....in quotation marks! BBBBWWWAAAAHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! It's like someone at the print shop hates him and decided to stick in a random insult.

Immaturity can so lift the spirit sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a California ballot before, and I find it amusing that their occupation is stated on there. Say you didn't know anything at all and walked into the voting booth, who would you vote for for Senator? I'm going to guess the person who lists the position you're voting for as their occupation. That's funny.

Unknown said...

Dick Mountjoy is my uncle.