Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Quick Hit Of Customer Wisdom To End The Day

So I ask the lady if she has any questions about her Levaquin prescription and hear:

"Oh no, I know how you can't just go around taking it like an antibiotic when what you need is an antibacterial."


This doesn't even make any sense. And it was delivered in a tone that made it clear she thought there was nothing I could teach her about her Levaquin, which is an antibiotic. Antibiotics work to kill bacteria.

Making a difference in people's lives, that's what I do. Where's the scotch.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, I bet she was an nurse....I have had several physicians ask questions of me about their meds, but never, ever a nurse.
I love your blog and have emailed it to all of my techs...
I know that if I work long enough to retire from retail pharmacy, I will be one bitter old woman.....

Dan said...

Oh my god...

i HATE nurses

Lady comes in, pushing a kid... asks for some Nurofen Liquid and some Panadol liquid...

Asked who it was for, how old etc...

And the person snapped back at me... 'I'm a nurse, and my husband is a doctor, I think I know what I'm doing'...

So I put it through the til, and stated... How am I supposed to know that, I'm not a mind reader...

Stupid bitch shut up... and when she left... apologised...


On another note... We had a student nurse as a pharmacy assistant... she was fucking irritating... whenever she would say something to a customer, she would use the faggy phrase 'trust me... i'm a nurse'... to try and establish credibility.

I wanted to punch her in the face, but that would be assault.

Anonymous said...

See, here's my problem with the whole "I'm a nurse" thing. There are many levels of nursing, and most of them have nothing to do with medication other than calling in and mispronouncing and/or misspelling the damn thing on my voicemail. Here in the great state of WI we must counsel all...for all the good it frickin' does us. If I don't counsel you and you screw up, I'm liable. So you'll listen up and like it nursie!! PS, your idiot doctor husband couldn't dose calculate his way out of a paper bag.