Thursday, October 02, 2008

Once Again The Drugmonkey Sets The Tone For The Nation's Political Discourse.

Cut and pasted from a transcript of tonight's Vice Presidential debate:

BIDEN: So what you had is you had overwhelming "deregulation." You had actually the belief that Wall Street could self-regulate itself. And while Barack Obama was talking about reinstating those regulations, John on 20 different occasions in the previous year and a half called for more deregulation. As a matter of fact,  just the other day I was reading the blog of my good friend the Drugmonkey and found out John recently wrote an article in a major magazine saying that he wants to do for the health care industry deregulate it and let the free market move like he did for the banking industry.

Now The Drugmonkey and I have had our differences in the past. It was personally painful for me the way he made light of my attempt to protect the nation's children from the scourge of Robitussin DM, but I am honored to have his endorsement, and indebted to his work to get John McCain's reckless, clueless attitude towards deregulation of the banking and health care industries into the public eye."

The stuff in italics I made up. Made up to drive home the point that you get some damn fine journalism here my friends. You heard about McCain's stupid statement praising the success of banking deregulation here 4 days before Joe Biden told you. I just hope enough people start listening. To me.

You know what to do next month. 

9 comments:

ariel said...

DrugMonkey, I thought of you when Biden said that.

Thanks for keeping me informed :)

Anonymous said...

Want me to stalk him and track him down and make him say that stuff for real? :)

Scritches.com said...

Me, too! We can always count on you, Drugmonkey.

Pharmacy Mike said...

That was the first thing I thought of when I heard him say that too.

Want to know the sad thing (well not sad for you, but sad for the country I guess), this blog is high on my list of places to go for accurate, fact-based information.

By the way... The most infuriating thing in the world is watching Biden kick the living shit out of Palin for the entire debate and then tuning into the news networks to watch them spin the results one way or the other. A lot of the networks weren't sure if there was a clear-cut winner, and all of them said Palin did better than expected (I don't see how this is a fucking compliment.) Fox News (in their "fair and balanced" coverage) actually seemed to lean towards Palin having won the debate.

Of course... anyone who thought she won couldn't name one particular strong point she made in the debate. They all said that she looked like she was down-to-earth and like she was one of the average people. It's good to see that we strive to elect "average people" to lead our nation.

Anonymous said...

I read you daily..and you're always dead on.

Now, I must implore you to run...don't walk....run and pick up the October issue of Rolling Stone.

I promise, you won't be disappointed!

Anonymous said...

I, too, was disappointed wth the media coverage post-debate. They ALL talked about how well she did - I was appalled. I thought Palin came across like an idiot. It took Gwen Ifill asking her THREE times before she finally answered the question about healthcare. And she was totally unprofessional with her "shout out to the 3rd graders" and her "say it isn't so, Joe". But the worst thing, in my opinion, was her mispronunciation of the word 'nuclear'... God help us if anyone ever lets her sit down for talks with Ahmadinajad.

Anonymous said...

We had below average for 8 years. Frankly I'm ready for a change. Thanks to the info before it hit the national stage Drug Monkey. You're the best keep it up!

Anonymous said...

It's time for a new blog polllllll, yes it isssssssss :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDRVKDcXQo