Monday, October 13, 2008

Find-a-pharmacist-recruiter.com. Because Your Job Sucks As Much As John McCain's Health Plan

Maybe not quite as much. I mean you do get paid at your current job I'm assuming. Unlike John McCain's health plan. Which would destroy the incentives for your employer to provide health insurance as a benefit and instead give you a $2500 tax credit to help you buy something that costs an average of $12,000. 

Oh, and the tax credit wouldn't go up. Even though the cost of health insurance most assuredly would. Every year. 

So while your job probably doesn't actually take money away from you the way John McCain's health plan would, you and I both know your job sucks. 

You can't piss when you need to. 

You've forgotten that coffee isn't usually served at room temperature. 

You went to college for 6 years and you just spent 10 minutes ringing up some lady's candy corn.

By the way, what's taking you so long to fill my prescription? I dropped it off 5 minutes ago for Christ sakes. 

You don't have to take it though. On November 4th, you can reject John McCain's sucky health plan in favor of one whose emphasis is on making healthcare universally available and affordable, and you can reject your sucky job right now. Quit ringing out that fat diabetic's Ho-Ho's and go hook up with a pharmacist recruiter at  www.find-a-pharmacist-recruiter.com. Tell them agreeing to become one of my blog garden's sponsors was the smartest move they ever made. Because it delivered an ass-kicking pharmacist looking for a job that doesn't suck right to their doorstep. 

Then start looking forward to being able to go to the bathroom at work whenever you actually have to go. 

And now back to our regular programming.....

8 comments:

Phathead said...

The irony is, you know McCain would be the confused old man at the counter who doesn't know what the Donut Hole is....

Anonymous said...

No.... I want you to tell me all about clotrimazole and econazole and all of the differences between the two. NO PEEING. I won't be satisfied until I have used up an hour of your time, lone pharmacist.

So how's your boyfriend? :)

Anonymous said...

" You can't piss when you need to"

My first thought as I was reading it was... "when did drugmonkey start having prostate problems".

I guess that pharmacist mindset effects the way you think about everything in your daily life....

Scritches.com said...

DrugMonkey -- have you sold out?

Anonymous said...

"...I dropped it off 5 minutes ago for Christ sakes..."

From reading your blog, I know your not very religious, if at all. With that fact in mind, it means a lot to me, being a religious person, that you still capitalize the C for Jesus Christ. Thank You.

Not a joke, seriously, thank you; from one human being to another, for the respect.

Anonymous said...

Been in this biz 20 yrs. The first complaint I ever got was that I wasn't answering the phone in two rings. The last one was a few weeks ago when the acting asst. ladies wear manager rolled up to ask why I hadn't sold some clueless babe OTC insulin. It has never gotten better. Do not go retail...Do not hire on with a two year signing bonus. Be careful even with one..There are a LOT of hell holes out here

Anonymous said...

My pharmacy has a bathroom in it - neener, neener, neener.... But, there are other issues gettin' my goat today, so I'm not feeling too high and mighty about gettin' to pee when I want...

Anonymous said...

Drugmonkey, I'm going to ask you again: Why, why have you not quit yet? Surely you can't be so dirt poor and so in debt that you can't find a nice hospital somewhere. Or at the very least, a nicer retail pharmacy!