Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've Mentioned This Before, But Why Do Men Think Calling Themselves "Dick" Makes You More Likely To Vote For Them?

I mean, seriously, with all hell breaking loose in the economy the way it's been of late, wouldn't you think people would more likely want to associate with someone named Rich? I can't imagine any circumstances in which being a male sexual organ would be preferable to being wealthy. You ever take a good look at a penis? They ain't attractive. 

Yet there is a candidate on my ballot this election by the name of Dick Searle. I'll tell you what Dick Searle is. Dick Searle is the name of a venereal disease, not that of a public officeholder. 

What the hell. Maybe I'll just vote for him so I can make Dick Searle jokes for the next 4 years. 

In other election news, I found out today Alan Keyes is running for president again! If you are a right wing lunatic or hard core Michael Moore fan, you may already know who Alan Keyes is. For the rest of you, I'll let you know Alan Keyes is responsible for what may be the single funniest moment in the history of television, the presidential mosh pit of 2000. I almost suffocated the first time I saw the presidential mosh pit because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. 



As much as I would normally value the endorsement of my favorite filmmaker, I think I'm still going with Barack. 

I hope I never get a case of Dick Searle. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When you trust them they will hold you up!"

he's still riding that mosh pit moment, by the way.

i watched it another 2 times. it's as good as the first time i saw it...........

hahaha

Alanda Jacobs said...

I haven't seen that before... I was only 18 when it happened and really not interested in politics... Also, my political figures are different then yours, being Canadian... Thanks for posting that... :)

jin said...

*Inside jin's head*

"Oh no... not another youtube post. I'm so sick of those. Welllll, I just started reading this guys blog so I guess I'll see what it's about."

jin clicks play

"WTF?! It's over NINE minutes long! No WAY I'm wasting nine whole minutes on a stupid youtube."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

over nine minutes later

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ahhh...
LMAO!
I hadn't seen that before.
Ok Sir DM, blog kudos for that. Maybe I won't groan the next time I see a youtube here...

pemdas said...

Where was I in 2000? I totally missed that Moss Pit Moment. Someone needs to come up with an equivalent for 2008. Maybe Red Rover...naw, sounds communist.

Anonymous said...

I'm not writing my research paper on mosh pits.


Last time I was in a mosh pit, a chick and her whackass friends tried to get in front of me, so I took my gum, ripped it into pieces, and stuck it in each of their hair.

I am not as nice as you think I am.

You really made the Jesus poll. I'm glad my nephew's obsession inspired someone. I'm voting "I Already Have." It's part of the whole Confirmation thing... being one with Jesus.

Unknown said...

I LOVED The Awful Truth. Not only is that one of my favorite clips, it has my favorite moment in it when Michael calls his dad and asks if his dad has an oil company or baseball team for him to run in response to W.

Anonymous said...

I got backstage that day I was in the mosh pit, by the way. Ah, the power of a manipulative Asian girl.

The lead singer complimented my jacket. I said, "Wanna trade?"

Anonymous said...

I had nearly forgotten some of the funny moments from that campaign. I almost fell out of my chair laughing after hearing McCain's death star rant again!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SPqGPEHOEVI/AAAAAAAAHHI/5bJwbrDVdJ4/s1600-h/Geoff.L.Tavish.jpg

Anonymous said...

Yesterday this gentleman came to my Pharmacy,I was desperately short of help doing in window, filling and checking,this guy calls out in a nasty way from the out window,"what does this directions mean ?"this was a prescription that he filled at another pharmacy and did NOT ask the pharmacist there to counsel him,I told him that I will be with him in one second,and his reply "you do that kind of thing in your country"and he says "AND VOTE FOR OBAMA UGGGHHHHH".What this uneducated gentleman did not understand is that I am an American citizen and if I was not completely sure who to vote for earlier,guess who I will be voting for now? OBAMA.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this until you posted it. I honestly have a smidgen more respect for Keyes now.