Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's A Good Thing I Ended My Vacation When I Did, Because I Have A Feeling You're Not Gonna Hear About This Anywhere Else.

This is an actual quote from an actual article written by John McCain for Contingencies, a journal of the American Academy of Actuaries. Seriously. I always tell you guys when I'm making stuff up, and I'm not making this up. It's at the top of the second column of the third page if you click on the link:

Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation


The emphasis was mine. Because I want to drive home the point that we totally want to copy what we've done over the last decade with the banking system. I'll explain if you really need me to.

Ever wonder why your bank's credit card operations are most likely located in Delaware or South Dakota? I mean, what the fuck is in South Dakota other than an in your face mountain carving taunting the Indians whose land we stole? And what the fuck is in Delaware at all? Minimal banking regulations, that's what. Setting up shop in states with the most lax banking regulations lets your bank put the financial rape on when you're a day late with your payment, advertise "fixed" interest rates that change as often as the CEO is up for a new pay package, and otherwise be on the cutting edge of finding new ways to give you the shaft. I'd love to get the shaft from my health plan the way credit cards give the shaft to people. That'd be awesome.

Not to mention deregulation of the banking industry has led to a little problem.......THE COLLAPSE OF THE BANKING SYSTEM!! JOHN MCCAIN USED THIS MODEL, WHICH WILL LEAVE THE TAXPAYERS OF THIS COUNTRY STUCK WITH A TAB OF $700,000,000,000, AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT SHOULD BE DONE IN HEALTH CARE!!! JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ANYONE WHO WOULD VOTE FOR SOMEONE THAT PROPOSES SUCH A COCKAMAMIE IDEA?

Of course now McCain is backing away from the words he wrote the way someone who let out a smelly fart tries to make his way to the other side of a crowded cocktail party. But let there be no mistake, McCain let the fart. Make your decision as to what this says about his judgement. The fact he can't even make it to the bathroom to fart. Throw in the competence of his Vice-Presidential pick as well. Did you see the CBS interview? 



This woman is stoooooopid. Do the right thing in November.

4 comments:

kario said...

Something tells me John McCain will live to regret ever writing anything down. There are so many examples where he has said (written) things that were a really bad idea.

Let's hope it comes back to haunt him.

Cracked Pestle said...

I think MSNBC broke that little gem about two weeks ago on "Countdown." About three days before that, though, I turned to my husband and said, "I hope to hell McCain doesn't start talking about deregulating healthcare." Now, granted, this is the health insurance industry we're seeing referenced in the article, but I say, close enough. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.
By the way, isn't it time for Caribou Barbie to make her way to the North Pole for the Christmas Eve flight? Santa's waiting, Governor. He hears you like old guys.

Anonymous said...

If Palin talks about McCain being a "maverick" or how she has foreign policy experience because she can "see" Russia for much longer, I think Tina Fey on SNL will have enough material for the season. I can't wait to see Biden mop the floor with her at the debates this week.

jOoLz said...

i'm not a pharmacist, but you rawk.

i am, however, a friend of laphroaig.