Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sometimes, When I'm Sad And Blue, I Sing Myself A Little Song.

It goes a little something like this:

I can do whatever I want

whatever I want

whatever I want

I can do what ever I want

I just left the toilet seat up.


I am master of the remote

I can bang on a pan!

I can fart really loud

Yes yes I can!

'cause I'm single and can do what I want.


A nasty lovers spat

I don't know what that is!

couple politics

that's none of my biz!

yes, that dress

makes you look fat

you know why I can tell you that?

'cause I'm single and can do what I want.


the tempo now dramatically slows, think climax of a Broadway musical number....

Someday I'll die alone......in a pool of my own urine.

But for now its fast cars, freedom and pourin'...............

the scotch

and the gin

every day feels like a big new win........

Because I do

what

ever

I

want.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...I'll have to use this to cheer myself outta the single blues!! Except of course, it'll be something like, "no no, take your hands off my breast" instead of "that dress makes you look fat"...

Anonymous said...

why doesnt the vodka tonic ever get a shout out?

Shannon said...

I do believe you're sitting on a hit song there. Love it!

Anonymous said...

You need to find yourself a good woman... fast! (And when you find her, run a quick central profile on her to make sure she's not Looney Tunes or a jezebel)

Anonymous said...

Spoken like a man who knows what it's like to be married!

Anonymous said...

lol.. that's awesome~!!

Anonymous said...

@rain, im a GREAT woman, minus craziness, i cook, clean, we share the same taste in music, i enjoy a nice cup of stfu every now and again...but i don't think that i am the good pharmacist's type. plus i might be too far away, but tell ya boy to check me out anyways...lol

The little tech that does... said...

There is something you can celebrate everyday and it doesn't get boring (at least for you), the married ones don't seem to share the enthusiasm for some reason.

Madam Z said...

That's exactly how I felt for the first couple of years after leaving my domineering SOB husband. I used to dance around my tiny apartment, chanting, "Free at last! Free at last! Great gawd almighty, I'm free at last"

But it got old after a while.

Anonymous said...

Plus, it's more fun to stalk a single guy than it is to stalk a married one :) Especially if he's the kind of guy who pinky swears.