Saturday, June 28, 2008

Revenge Of The Nerds.

A good hate mail warms my heart. And someday I'll get a good hate mail and it will warm my heart. In the meantime I'll just have to work with what shows up in the inbox. Got this one in response to what I wrote about the American Pharmacist's Association awhile back:

BJ to me:

you're a fucking idiot. I think you are the kind of pathetic "professional" that counts by fives, makes sure the pill in the bottle looks "like a little blue diamond, how cute" and not much else. You are the kind of pharmacist that cares less about your profession than your paycheck. It probably worries you that the big three automotive companies in this country, Ford, GM, and (the now privately held) Chrysler, mandate that all of their health insurers participate in mail-order-pharmacy. That pretty much makes you insignificant doesn't it? Kinda turns you into a luxury service, totally unnecessary, doesn't it? I'll bet if you had an ounce of foresight about professional aspects, you'd cry your lonely single ass to sleep every night knowing that the job you have will one day (soon) be mostly accomplished by a machine with less processing power than a videogame.

Maybe you'll realize someday that professional organizations protect you and your career. That they try to manipulate the practice guidelines, the legislation, and the education to make you a relevant and beneficial part of healthcare. Without those "dweebs" going to bat for your ungrateful ass everyday, you'd be just another technician. Typical fucking liberal. "Gimme something you worked hard for, and I'll take it for granted and under appreciate you for it."


Well BJ, here's something for you to suck on.

It would have been real easy for you to make me look real stupid for saying APhA is useless. All you had to do was point to a significant, actual, real world accomplishment APhA is responsible for. Just one. I noticed you didn't do that. Why? Because you can't. Because APhA is useless.

Instead you gurgled up an irrational screeching that's as intellectually sound as a customer holding my cashier responsible for Benicar needing a prior auth. Legislation? LEGISLATION? Are you fucking kidding me? The ONLY piece of pharmacy friendly legislation enacted in my career was the 90-day retail mandate for PBM's participating in Medicare Part D, and that was nothing but a bone thrown to NACDS so they could claim they weren't completely anal raped by the rest of the bill. Had we depended on APhA, BJ, we all would have had to swallow the fact that the oldsters would be getting their meds from Medco's central Pharmatron while you were busy setting up a committee to prepare a preliminary report prior to debating where to put a comma in draft 18 of some happy fantasy pie in the sky MTM bullshit.

Then you would have sent out a press release letting us all know how proud you are that Joe Schmo Congress Critter allowed you 10 minutes of face time with a junior staffer in order to present it. APhA produces some of the best dust magnets to be found in DC.

Wait. I guess that means you do do things. I wonder why you didn't spit out the fact that APhA excels at producing unread position papers BJ?

It's the fact that I do care about the profession that makes me wish we had an effective pharmacist's organization in this country. Certainly not one whose members look to the likes of General Motors (fiscal 2007 loss; $38,732,000,000) for lessons in leadership.

Prove me wrong BJ, all you have to do is scrape up one accomplishment in the history of APhA that makes it worthwhile.

Don't scrape too hard though. I hate it when BJ's scrape too hard.

8 comments:

asd said...

You are wayyyy off base on this one monkey. The APhA totally accomplishes tons of stuff all the time. Every couple of months they accomplish publishing new and better review books that help young professional students succeed in school. And all you have to do to get one, at a substantial discount I might add ($50 vs 80$), is sign up with their little organization.

I think you need to give credit where it's due and apologize for not recognizing the APhA for its leadership in hawking books to naive pharmacy students in exchange for membership dues.

Oh, and BJ. I did some MTM on saturday. My big chain employer who wants to replace me with a robot negotiated a deal with a medicare provider so we get reimbursed for providing professional services to its members. Got $60 bucks for switching a dude from benicar to lisinopril. No APhA members involved at all. We don't like nerds either.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, because thats worth me paying my dues for, a fucking review book at $30 off.

Try paying attention in class (or go to a decent school) and you wont need those review books.

All I see from APhA is a bunch of mutual masturbation from a bunch of "pharmacists" who have never worked one honest day in retail in their lives. Typical politicians.

Anonymous said...

Z z z z z ..... Zzzzz.... Zzzzzz ZING!

Anonymous said...

If I had a dollar for every fvckin' piece of spam that APhA has flooded my in-box with ever since foolishly being a student member, I'd... have a lot of dollars.

Anonymous said...

I think I love you Drug Monkey!

asd said...

Sorry TAP, gotta remember to not be sarcastic online... doesn't translate well.

All the APhA does is sell books. They suck and their members are the mindless drooling drones of the pharmacy universe.

Better?

Anonymous said...

well i don't love you, you celebrity name not-dropper. UGH.

it's been driving me nuts all day.

damn you and your black heart.

Pere Ubu said...

Wheeee! The magic of mail-order pharmacy!

Of course, don't expect them to give you any consultation, don't expect them to work with you on cash prices, don't expect them to try to figure out the cryptic insurance card you got sent, don't expect them to recommend something OTC for your sick 3-year-old at 6:50pm on a Saturday, and sure as hell don't expect them to give a rat's ass if your Norco gets held up in the mail and you're reduced to squirming in pain and downing handfuls of ibuprofen whie you wait.