Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Early Morning Tomorrow, Which Means Another Short Story Of Stpudity For You.

The customer was making her third attempt to use a coupon good for a $30 gift card with a transferred prescription. This was the second time we explained to her the coupon clearly said "limit one per person"

She went to her car to get her credit card.

The credit card declined.

She went to her car to get some cash.

She presented a manufacturers coupon that expired six months ago.

She did all this with what I assumed was an icepack next to her jaw. After all, she has just come from the dentist. She had had him call in the prescriptions to another corpo-pharmacy, so we could call and "transfer" them, 'cause she thought that way she could use her coupon.

No coupon, and no icepack.

I swear I'm not making this up. When she came back the third time I noticed it was a sandwich she had been holding next to her jaw the whole time.

There was some kind of........goo...between the bread. Like it was tuna or egg salad.

Sometimes you really don't want to know the story, but you just can't make yourself forget.

Scotch don't fail me now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do people do that often? Have an rx called in at another place, or drop an rx off at another pharmacy in order to just transfer it? We've been thinking about sending out some transfer coupons at the independent where I work.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Anonymous,

Yes. I guarantee you it will happen if you send out those coupons.

I'll also give you an estimate that you will never see at least 90% of the people who use those coupons ever again.

LTYM said...

Haha. What was my Aunt Ricky doing at the drugstore, I wonder?

Anonymous said...

Haha I don't know why but this reminds me of the time a customer called and revealed that because of her nasal congestion, she decided to use an enema to relieve the problem....Yeah, I don't know why this particular story reminded me of that