Friday, September 11, 2009

You Guys Did Such A Good Job Of Picking My Last Vacation Spot I'm Doing It Again.

Different park, but the same idea. Big trees, many trails, and very.....very few people.

I know this will break some of your hearts, and I don't blame you. I'll offer you the consolation of the "read a random post" feature on the right hand side of the page however. I just clicked on it a few times and realized I had totally forgotten how good some of the shit I've written over the last few years has been. You should try the "read a random post" button often while I'm gone.

I'll see if I can send you a tweet or two while I'm in the land of the giants. Otherwise I'll be back next week sometime.

If I don't get eaten by an elk.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sasquatch, dude. Much bigger threat than elk. Of course, you've worked in retail, so that really holds no fear for you, but...

Speaking of fear, this whole health care debate has really pointed up two things. One is, we ALL could use a vacation about now. The other, there is a boatload of mentally ill people around, and they seem to be running things.

So I'm a little slow on the uptake. Didn't see it before now.

Hope you're in a tent someplace peaceful. Come back soon! Bring sasquatch for your new security system!

Anonymous said...

Adirondacks! We'll even show you the crash site on Wright's Peak... and then talk to the Feds about the classified things you've found. Fun for all!

Elizabeth said...

Here's a little something for you to enjoy blogging about when you get back.

Becky the Techie said...

Screw the Elk, Dude! It's the squirrels that'll get you.

Anonymous said...

It's a mad, mad, mad world back among the homo sapiens.

Enjoy the more elemental challenges among the trees and rocks, the smell of late summer funk of decomposing leaves and fallen petals, the damp of morning dew (condensation from the night fog), and brilliant blue of sky at least occasionally.

Don't mind the bug bites. They (the biting insects) are part of it all anyway. (Watch out for the reptiles, though!)

Decompress!

Anonymous said...

you would love this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VMKFjk_mio&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous said...

Forget the elk, I want another picture of the penis-tree.

Noma Myxoma said...

Hi drugmonkey, I've been following your blog for about a year and a half now, and this is the first time I post... Mainly because I think you'd greatly enjoy the writing of Matt Taibbi, who'se blog with Rolling Stone on health care reform I have only recently discovered. If you have the time when you get back, check out this article in particular entitled "Sick and Wrong." find the article here: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29988909/sick_and_wrong