Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I Think It's Sad There Isn't An Edge Of the Earth.....

.....because I think I'd really like to go there. Have a drink maybe. Just kinda sit at the edge of the earth, dangle my feet over and think about stuff. 

I think sitting at the edge of the earth, with a drink in your hand, would be conducive to thinking of a lot of ways to make things better. 

And if I couldn't think of any ways to make things better, then I could just jump off. It'd be a win win really, if the earth were flat. 

As it stands, all I can do is pour another martini and walk around in circles. Damn this planet and all its roundness. 

11 comments:

The little tech that does... said...

Very interesting......

Anonymous said...

THE EDGE OF THE WORLD

Columbus said the world is round?
Don't you believe a word of that.
For I've been down to the edge of the world,
Sat on the edge where the wild wind whirled,
Peeked over the ledge where the blue smoke curls,
And I can tell you, boys and girls,
The world is FLAT!

Shel Silverstein

Just so you know you're not the only one.

Anonymous said...

the world is round????

sarah palin

Anonymous said...

"Edgy" was one of my childhood nicknames (right along with "Jumpy", "Nellie Nailbiter", and "Squirrley").
I think a flat world would just make me....edgier.
Oh, and I still love all 5 of my brothers.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should talk to your doctor about an anti depressant. they work wonders.

Anonymous said...

Am I gonna have to do a
D
S
I
G
E
C
A
P
S
on you? I think that umbrella really got you going down a bad road. Cheer up.. you're rich... and chicks dig dudes with money

Anonymous said...

dave matthews band - grace is gone. you're not the only one.

Anonymous said...

if you did jump off the edge of the earth? would you drop through the endless void of space, or would gravity just end up with you stuck on the underside?

Pharmacy Mike said...

I imagine if there was an edge to the world, it would be awfully crowded. In fact, it would probably be bought up hotels and resorts, which would advertise it as the "ultimate beach front poperty" with "incredible views."

I imagine it would be a lot like Waikiki Beach now. 100 years ago it was probably the most beautiful and peaceful beach in the world. Now, it's so crowded that you don't have a place to spread your beach towel.

Anonymous said...

i was just feeling comment-y. >shrug<

Heather said...

Drugmonkey,

First the umbrella post.

Now this.

Ummm.... is that a, no, it can't me.

A HEART?!