Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's A Short Night So I Don't Have Much For You. Enjoy This Iggy Pop Video

In an interview with The New York Times last year Iggy said of this performance:

"I'm going to be straight, I was more than a little high"

The best bands usually are:






I love how the whole hedonistic spectacle of unparalleled rock and roll debauchery is narrated by the square in the suit. I can just see him after the show in the hotel bar, tie slightly loosened, a martini in hand bending the barkeeps ear:

"Jesus Christ you wouldn't believe the things I saw today Bob"

I also love the sidekick....."hello....I'm a doofusy looking young person here to interpret what's going on here for Mr. and Mrs. small town America, and to make it appear non-threatening so we don't get too many complaints. Think of me as your window into the world of todays youth."

The youth that would have no doubt eaten him alive had he actually been in the crowd.

I was born 20 years too late. Sigh. Goodnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Midgets are people too!! Just small people.. with feelings... about 50% of the feelings that you and I have.

Anonymous said...

That's mean anonymous 2... they can't help the way they were born. They just might seem weird to you or make you uncomfortable because you aren't used to seeing people like that.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I disagree, anonymous 3.

Midgets are gross.

The end.

LD50 Rat said...

Master of All things Pharmacy,

You have found my weak spot. I adore Iggy Pop! God, what a hot piece of tush in that vid!

And yes, that "youth" would have been stomped and the grisly bits eaten raw, had he been so foolish to wander into the crowd.

Rat-->about born about 10 years too late to throughly enjoy the Stooges live.