Wednesday, November 07, 2007

If You're A CVS Pharmacist, You May Have To Commit Suicide.

I can think of no other honorable way for you out of this situation:


I had to watch this three times out of sheer disbelief of its complete gayness. It still hasn't quite sunk in. I mean gay like lame, not gay like homosexual. Butt sex is far less offensive than this. Wrapping a rainbow around an old woman on the way to work? WRAPPING A RAINBOW AROUND AN OLD WOMAN ON THE WAY TO WORK!!?? You know what I do on the way to work most days? I play The Black Eyed Peas "Let's Get Retarded"

Everybody, everybody, let's get into it.
Get stupid.
Get retarded, get retarded, get retarded.
Let's get retarded (ha), let's get retarded in here.......

It's the perfect song to put you in that retail pharmacy state of mind. Why? Because if that CVS video would have been a few seconds longer, you would have witnessed the following exchange between the customer and the rainbow wrapper.

Rainbow Wrapper: "Here's your everyday miracle!!!"

Customer: "WHY IS MY COPAY SO HIGH!!???"

Rainbow Wrapper: "I love sunshine and fluffy baby chicks"

Customer: "I love Norco"

Rainbow Wrapper: "I love the rain that gives us all life."

Blue Cross: "Rain is not on our formulary. None of you may have any rain"

Thanks to the alert reader who alerted me to the video. I think.


18 comments:

Dino William Ramzi said...

Could be worse. You could work for a supermarket chain. "How 'bout some tomatoes with that Nutella?"

Anonymous said...

If I owned a sword I'd be getting ready to fall on it right now.

Phathead said...

So thats what its like to be on Soma....

Phathead said...

So thats what its like to be on Soma...

Anonymous said...

"thanks to the alert reader who alerted me to the video"

i give you blog GOLD and that's my shout-out? my thanks?

the everyday miracle is that an ungrateful, grumpy pill-pusher like you can still keep me interested. in your blog.

hope every one of your customers requires counseling today. and that they cough on you.

Erin Flynn said...

Haha...oh, goodness. I don't know if all Rite Aids have this, but my store which just converted from a Brooks has a lovely ad over the radio network that brags about how "getting a script at Rite Aid is about more than just putting a label on the bottle!"

...

I really can't add any more to that, other than that I prefer CVS' rainbows to RA's utter disregard for the /profession/.

Romius T. said...

I can always tell when I am depreesed. I fall for this kind of shit. I can barely type this through the tears.

Unknown said...

Most days I play Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff". Or, if I'm feeling particularly generous with a large side of humor, Rolling Stone's "Mother's Little Helper".

I guess CVS had to switch from the "interview" type commercials. Y'know the ones where all their pharmacists admit to going to a customer's house after their shift to finish a job they should have done right in the first place?

Nobody likes a pharmacist stalker.

Anonymous said...

I just finished back to back 14hr shifts at CVS...I have no energy left to kill myself, maybe tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

CVS is the devil

Anonymous said...

for a more realistic view of pharmacy, see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIkp4Lxyko

Anonymous said...

Wow. My favorite bit is how they tell you that UNFORTUNATELY (?!) the song is not available for downloading at this time. Dammit all.

Erik & Devan said...

The song isn't available for download, but they have no problem streaming it to our computers.....

Sounds like they didn't have the foresight, or the desire to pay the artist the right's to license it.

Is it just me, or did the rainbow not being in full color when she put it on the lady bother anyone else? I almost wonder if it had something to do with the "gay pride" aspect of a full color rainbow, and the fact that it's two women....

Appleo Blush said...

LOL!! That is a happy pill fairy tale. If only all pharmacist's commute to work was filled with blooming fields and tangible rainbows rather than angry traffic.

Anonymous said...

We also get monthly scores on did we make a "personal connection" with the customers! What can I say corporate f****d up! Razor Blade anyone?

Mother Jones RN said...

Oh my GOD! Someone, please, get me a barf bag. What a lovely piece of propaganda.


MJ

Anonymous said...

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I will now gape with even more disbelief at my classmates who say they want to work in retail.

Anonymous said...

Your friends want to work in retail because retail PAYS MORE. Hands down, and CVS is one of the highest paying retail pharmacy chains…I will always remember my preceptor for giving me quite possibly the most valuable piece of information before entering my career in pharmacy; so I quote: “Pharmacist are like whores, they are always in demand and have the freedom to move from place to place seeking out the highest bidder.” Yes, I am a Whored Rph. Sold to the highest bidder and loving it. P.s. educate granny on medicare part D for ‘08 I’m not a rainbow wrapping pharmacist in fairy land. This is New York.