Sunday, July 30, 2006

Now I'm No Marketing Guru........

........so far be it for me to question the judgment of you business types, but Vandazole vaginal gel?.......um....is it really a winning sales strategy to pick a name for your intimate care product that many people will associate with:

1. One who willfully or maliciously defaces or destroys public or private property.

2. A member of a Germanic people that overran Gaul, Spain, and northern Africa in the fourth and fifth centuries a.d. and sacked Rome in 455. (definition from dictionary.com)

Now I admit, I don't have a vagina, but I do have a penis, and there's no way I would want my penis vandalized. Therefore I would be highly unlikely to ever buy something called, say, Vandalactic condoms, but maybe that's just me.

Then there's the slogan, straight from the Vandazole web site:

Balance her flora...with her budget in mind.

Did they pay someone to come up with that? Fortunately for Upsher-Smith, insurance company forced substitution policies will more than likely save them from their own marketing ineptitude.

Disclaimer: No vaginas or penises were vandalized in the creation of this blog post.

No comments: