Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Beginning Of My Trip; The Head Of Mickey Mouse Lords Over My Dead Body

So I know you're all dying to hear about my vacation. No you're not, but there are a couple stories I'm going to throw out into the blogosphere anyway. The whole trip got off to a rather inauspicious start when this thing greets me at the runway:


Important informational note; I was nowhere near Disneyland at the time, and the plane was going to be taking me about a thousand miles further away.

As I boarded through Donald's hat, I immediately pictured the news footage that would occur should the vessel go down in a ball of flames. I don't know if this holds up in real life, but it seems like in a lot of pictures I've seen of plane crashes, for whatever reason, the tail seems to survive mostly intact. So as I settled into my seat, I closed my eyes and imagined what it would look like to have Mickey Mouse's grinning face perched over my broken, battered, bruised, and completely unidentifiable body . Then I kinda chuckled. I hoped that if the worst should happen I would at least have time to text message one of my friends on the way down:

watch news 2nite; look 4 irony. Goodbye.

I decided that if I have to go anytime soon, that wouldn't be a bad way. I suppose this makes me some sort of sick bastard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine how pissed off some of the parents on that flight must have been. Having to explain to their children repeatedly that they were NOT "going to Disneyland," as the plane claimed, must have been very annoying.