Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The New York Times Caves.

Who says the little guy can't take on corporate power? Shortly after meeting with my attorney, The New York Times and I are happy to announce a settlement of my plagiarism complaints against them. In a major mistake on their part, there is nothing in the letter I received that requires confidentiality, so I am free to discuss the terms they agreed to. Quoting from the letter:

Sign up now to save 50% on your first 12 weeks of The New York Times using automatic payments (first 8 weeks if you choose to pay your bill using a traditional monthly invoice).

7-Day delivery - $ 5.95 per week introductory offer

Monday-Saturday delivery - $ 3.66 per week introductory offer

Saturday And Sunday delivery - $ 3.60 per week introductory offer

Sunday Only delivery - $ 2.99 per week introductory offer

Monday Through Friday delivery - $ 2.95 per week introductory offer

Home Delivery. As part of Home Delivery, you'll also get free access to TimesSelect premium online content.


A multitude of settlement options, AND free access to TimesSelect. I am obviously very happy with the way my attorney represented my interests. I haven't decided which settlement option to go with, as there is still the matter of his legal bill, but the important thing is, a principle has been established, justice has been served, and all creative minds can sleep a little easier tonight. I can only hope the Times takes the lesson I taught them to heart in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. hilarious.

Driving Miss Delusional said...

WaMu was plagiarizing me for awhile, too.