Monday, April 03, 2006

So if This Fuck Couldn't Even Help His Own Parents......

...you can imagine what hell-like conditions I've been working through since the start of the Medicare part D(isaster) plan. From the Center For American progress:


President Bush's new Medicare drug plan is so confusing "even the parents of Michael Leavitt, secretary of the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department, ended up picking a plan that put their retiree medical coverage at risk. And this after Leavitt helped his parents in making their initial selection."



Got that? This clown WAS IN CHARGE OF THE DEPARTMENT THAT IMPLEMENTED THIS FUCK UP AND HE ALMOST COST HIS PARENTS THEIR INSURANCE COVERAGE BY PICKING THE WRONG PLAN.

The guys parents by the way, were quoted at the time in The Salt Lake Tribune as saying the enrollment process had been “smooth” and the program was “a guaranteed money-saver.” Oh....and the father....made his fortune in THE INSURANCE BUSINESS. Honestly. I couldn't make something like that up if I tried.

So to recap....rich white folks in the insurance industry whose son was in charge of the program get it wrong. And I work with customers who are predominantly poor, many of whom speak English as a second language, and are almost universally stupid. I think you can see why I've started drinking again.

2 comments:

philskaren said...

universally stupid, funny and true

Bob Shattuck said...

You've made my laugh. You've made me cry and now I could use a hefty cheeseburger and fries, but alas, in the morning I go in for a colonoscopy.Go Leavitt, go!!!!