Friday, April 07, 2006

Sometimes Fucking Up Your Prescription Can be A Good Thing:

As far as I know, I've never killed or seriously injured anyone by misfiling their prescription. On the other hand, I've never been responsible for the creation of a multi-billion dollar business empire by misfiling your prescription either:

In 1886, pharmacist John Pemberton was making a mixture of leaves of the South American plant coca and African nuts cola known by their tonic qualities. The pharmacist believed the syrup he made could help relieve stress, weariness and toothache. Pemberton took the mixture to Atlanta's biggest drugstore where the first portions were sold at the price of five cents per a glass. But the world-wide known drink that we know today appeared through negligence. A seller incidentally opened a wrong tap and diluted the syrup with soda water instead of ordinary fresh water. That is how Coca-Cola was born.
Let me be clear. Should I ever mess up your prescription in such a way, I retain all rights to resulting product. Unless it kills you. Then it was your doctors fault.

No comments: