Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Dear Republicans; The Jihadists Want To Destroy You As Well.....

Ok, so you may have picked up by now that my politics are a bit left of center. That being the case, I was anti-war before being anti-war was cool, and I loathed Mr. Bush back in the day when doing so made you some sort of sicko terrorist bent on ending western civilization. Don't assume everyone to the political left and/or who is against the Iraq war is a pacifist though. I firmly believe that, as Malcolm X would put it, "sometimes you have to have a conversation with your enemy in the only language they understand." So I was more than a bit intrigued when I came across a story about a group of protestors who had actually grown a pair and were using tactics a bit different from the typical namby-pamby "oh please stop your policy that we think is incorrect" protest parade. From The New York Times:

As dozens of mourners streamed solemnly into church to bury Cpl. David A. Bass, a fresh-faced 20-year-old marine who was killed in Iraq on April 2, a small clutch of protesters stood across the street on Tuesday, celebrating his violent death.


"Thank God for Dead Soldiers," read one of their placards. "Thank God for I.E.D.'s," read another, a reference to the bombs used to kill service members in the war.


Damn. I thought I was pretty hard core, but protesting at a funeral is a line I'm not gonna cross. Ever. Who the hell are these people? The Weathermen? Al-Queda In America? Relatives of dead Iraqi civilians? Back to the Times:

To drive home their point — that God is killing soldiers to punish America for condoning homosexuality — members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., a tiny fundamentalist splinter group, kicked around an American flag and shouted, if someone approached, that the dead soldiers were rotting in hell.


Christians. Should have known. So, God kills soldiers .......who are part of an organization that will immediately expel any member who publicly admits to being a homosexual...because God hates homosexuals? Ummm....just a thought, but wouldn't it be easier and more effective for God to flood Amsterdam or break off the San Francisco peninsula into the ocean if he hates gays so much? Not to mention a little easier for us mere mortals to pick up on the message he was trying to send.

Before you move on with your life, do me a favor and imagine for a couple minutes the press coverage if it had been Arabs or other Muslims who were doing such a thing, and ask yourself why these people are getting a relative free ride because they practice their hate in the name of Jesus and not Mohammed.



Read the whole story here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered your site and I'm working my way through the archives. The Westboro Baptist Church is completely amazing. Their website is here, there's a summary here. They're a credit to their profession, and surely a sign of the end times. Songs, including "This Land is Fag Land" here.

Anyhow, if ever I need some prescriptions filled, I can only hope that my pharmacist turns out to be as intelligent and right-headed as you. Keep up the good work.

NCA said...

Unfortunately I had to grow up with these idiots. Went to the same school, same workplace, etc. The scary thing: they're all lawyers. And good ones.