Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Final Results Of My Last Blog Poll, Brought To You By ES&S® Corporation.

I was very lucky to secure the help ES&S Corporation, the same people who helped the good folks of Florida's 13th Congressional District conduct their last congressional election, in tabulating my blog poll results. The final numbers?

Politics in a landslide. 80 percent of you in my poll said that you wanted to hear more about politics, and I couldn't be happier. I mean after all, the affairs of this country are far more important than my cat Spooky or freaky customers, as entertaining as either of those choices might be. You did the right thing by voting for politics my dear readers, and I'm proud of you.

I also could not be more confident in the results, based on ES&S's track record of accurately counting votes.



For those of you too lazy to click on the vid, I'll tell you there's good reason to believe that ES&S's miscounting of votes put the wrong person in Congress. Unless you think 18,000 people showed up across Florida's 13th district to cast ballots in the last Congressional election and then decided not to vote for a Congressional candidate.

Because that's what ES&S says happened. Thousands of people showing up to vote then not voting in a very competitive Congressional race. Make your own judgment on how plausible that is.

Actually I lied. The part about people showing up across the whole district was wrong. It was only in one county where 18,000 people showed up not to vote. The county where the Democrat had her largest base of support. In every other county there didn't seem to be a problem with people showing up and then not casting a ballot for Congress. I'm not saying ES&S intentionally changed the outcome of an election, but it is kinda funny how these type of fuckups only seem to affect Democrats....

The other 20% of votes in the blog poll went to my cat Spooky. This was her reaction upon hearing the news:




"Spooky jump because Spooky happy" said my cat in a prepared statement. "No one vote for Spooky before for anything. Spooky think this sets good stage for Spooky run for Governor next year if Spooky get right campaign manager"

Whereupon I witnessed my cat take a phone call from ES&S President and CEO Aldo Tesi.

My friends, this night I am very afraid.

Disclaimer. The part about the Florida Congressional election and ES&S' involvement in it is true. The part about ES&S tabulating my blog poll results and my cat issuing press releases is not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In regards to your latest poll, a conversation I had recently with a PA.
Me: I am calling in regards to the Rx you wrote for Mrs. Allergina. She states that she is allergic to penicillin, you wrote for amoxicillin.
PA: Oh, yeah. It says that here. Whats the problem?
Me: She's allergic to penicillin...
PA: I know. Thats why I gave her amoxicillin.
Me: So.....yeah. If she is allergic to pen, she's allergic to amox.
PA: Really? Ok. Well. I guess just give her Augmentin instead.

Anonymous said...

why does your cat speak like a caveman?

i always imagined if my cat were to speak he would have an astounding grasp of the english language with impeccable diction.

and he'd smoke a cigar. and sip cognac from a balloon snifter.

but despite spooky-cat's limitations, he'd still be way into her. she's sexy.

Jeny said...

i love spooky!!! she is darling!

Anonymous said...

Next time enter a Ficus. It's had amazing results in the past. Go Green. Vote Ficus.

Charlie said...

Congrats Spooky!

Season said...

I have to say, I got Japanese tourist more than caveman.

Spooky speaks like my Organic Chem professor, only she is much easier to understand than he was. Imagine a small Indian man who looks a bit like Yoda.
"Hydrogen bond, hydrogen like to bond."