Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Saw A Dog Bite Some Retarded Kid Today.

And quite honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I don't really blame the dog. The kid was one of those scary-looking grunty unstable types and the dog had to make a split second decision:

"Oh my God...oh my God.....is this a threat? What if he hurts my owner? It looks weird.....and maybe dangerous....oh my god, oh my god.....what do i do?...WHY DID IT MOVE LIKE THAT? BITE!!!!!!!!!"


I mean, generally I'm totally pro-customer abuse, especially in ways that can't be traced back to me, but the tard really can't be held responsible for being a pain in the ass. I probably would feel worse about it if he wasn't sucking a couple thousand dollars out of the Medicaid system every month for no good reason. I say that because I think he's autistic, and who's to say he's not perfectly happy in whatever world he lives in for free?

It's not like there was a lot of blood or anything. It wasn't much of a wound at all really considering Fido thought he was protecting a food source.

I think the way Mom tries to put up a fight to get brand name Celexa courtesy of the taxpayer tips the scales in favor of the dog. Not to mention I made more of a profit on the Neosporin and bandages than I ever will on his Abilify. Yeah, I think I've decided;

Good dog.

6 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

I've really liked you for a long time, but now I love you. You just about made me pee. Thank you.

Jenn Siva said...

You been watching the O'Reilly factor lately or something?

Unknown said...

My favorite! kids on abilify! Maybe it makes them taste better or something. Food is a huge motivator for dogs...

Frankly, after watching people torture dogs in petstores, etc, I usually root for the furry kid on four legs.

Anonymous said...

Abilify? You sure he's actually retarded, as opposed to just sedated?

Anonymous said...

I'm on the dog's side, too.

The friends of some friends of mine had a sweet dog (I think a basset or basset mix) who was picked up by his ears by the retarded/autistic teenager who lived on their block. After shrieking in pain, the dog bit the teen. This is a dog who had no history of aggressive behavior.

Dog's owners quietly had their dog euthanized after being confronted by the tard's parents. I'm guessing they were threatened with a lawsuit. The dogbite hadn't even broken the skin. Teen's parents had problems with everyone in the neighborhood it seemed, and the dog's owners were folks who were pathologically fearful of any sort of neighbor trouble. Fido got a death sentence.

The sad thing is, the teen seemed nice enough and probably would have been accepted more by neighbors, but his parents' attitudes towards everyone made that difficult. People saw this kid coming and ran in the opposite direction.

Anonymous said...

Where can I find this dog?? Can I rent him?? I have a bunch of near-retarded adderal infused kids that reak havoc in my store daily...for once they would be crying for a reason....