Saturday, May 26, 2007

If I Don't Get Monday Off, Then Al-Qaeda Has Won.

My employer has reached a new low. Putting pursuit of money above Jesus' birthday is one thing, but to not honor our men and women in uniform, who are more important than Jesus was on his best day, treating Memorial Day like it was ANY OTHER WORKDAY! I'm almost.....speechless. Anyone who knows me at all knows I am all about honoring the troops and the sacrifices they made so we could steal from the Indians.

We are honoring the ones who killed the Indians along with the ones who killed Nazi's, right? Or are we honoring just the ones the Indians killed? Are we honoring the Indians at all? Fuck, I can't remember. I just know I should have Monday off. I need to get to the post office to buy some 2 cent stamps so I can pay my Internet bill. Wait. The post office will be closed. Fuck.

Actually, the pursuit of money is probably the best way to honor what today's troops are fighting for. Fine, enjoy yourselves. Make sure to call me and ask what day you can have your Vicodin refilled. Fuckers.

Pic via Tom The Dancing Bug, a comic strip you should be reading every week.

2 comments:

Mother Jones RN said...

I'll be thinking about you today. I hope your evil boss is at least paying you holiday wages for counting those darn pills on Memorial Day.

MJ

Unknown said...

actually being a postal employee i,
can tell you that some of us worked on memorial day as well. not just inside, but actually delivering parcels!

i miss working in a pharmacy.