Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Random Reason Trade Magazine Drug Topics Needs To Put Me On Staff And Rescue Me From Retail Hell.

From an article in the February 5th issue, entitled "Pharmacy Ranks Continue To Grow":

California, New Jersey, New York, Kentucky, and Virginia all saw significant growth in the number of pharmacists. Amazingly, 9% of all pharmacy licenses are now granted by the California State Board of Pharmacy.


Here's a fact someone writing an article like this should know. Over 12% of the people in this country live in California. Took me 20 seconds on the information superhighway and a calculator to find that out. With this in mind, one might wonder what is so amazing about that 9% pharmacy license figure. Maybe the person who wrote this article meant that it's amazing that 9% of the pharmacy licenses granted in this country take care of 12% of the population. After all, 9 is smaller than 12, so California pharmacists must work amazingly hard to serve more people per capita than pharmacists in other states. My vote, however, goes to "lazy hack writer who didn't do their homework"

This may sound petty and harsh, but the only reason I'm being so critical is because I want this person's job and could do it better than they do. Drug Topics, call me. Improve my life and your magazine in one fell swoop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey DM: The PharmD Hubby has been trying to get Drug Topics to hire him for the past 5-6 years for the same reason. Sometimes I swear they hire any PR Hack to write whatever BS comes to mind.

They honestly need a little humor in the mag-- Since "Laughter is the Best Med" is taken, we need to work on a better title! But it could be a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, if you wrote for Drug Topics, I might actually read it before giving it to my interns to read and brief me!