Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Am Nothing If Not Fair. Tonight, A Chance For Republican Senator Norm Coleman Of Minnesota To Deny Once And For All He Is A Member Of Al-Qaeda.

Click here for the background if you have no idea what I'm talking about in this post.

Karen Spaeth, Staff Contact
Colemanforsenate.com
kspaeth@colemanforsenate.com

Hi Karen,

I think you'll agree there is nothing quite like the start of a political campaign. Much like the start of baseball's spring training, it is a time of universal optimism and hope, when all those seeking to serve our great country look forward to a season of hard work in the marketplace of ideas, when incumbents get to brag about their record and newcomers can bring their fresh new perspective to the table of discourse. Surely all of Minnesota is in for a feast at this table from now until November, 2008. I hope there's pot roast. I like pot roast.

Sadly, this spirit of hopefulness for our democratic process was dealt a shocking blow once I began my research of Senator Coleman's record for the blog I publish, Your Pharmacist May Hate You. In every piece of the public record I could find, no matter how much I googled, yahooed!, or asked Jeeves, I could not find a single instance where Senator Coleman has denied he is a member of Al-Qaeda. I'm sure you will agree with me Karen, that it wouldn't be the best idea to give members of Al-Qaeda the security clearance necessary to enter the US Capitol, much less trust them to protect the interests of Minnesota's sugar beet farmers. That is why I am writing to you today, to give you an opportunity to put this issue to rest once and for all:

Is Norm Coleman now, or has he ever been, a member of Al-Qaeda, or otherwise sworn any kind of allegiance to Osama Bin Ladin?

This should be the easiest question of the political season for you. A simple one word answer and you can move on to explaining how Senator Coleman is against the war in Iraq, except when he decides he's actually for it. Maybe you could set up some sort of Coleman/Coleman debate on the issue as the election gets closer, but I digress. I, and my readers from Minnesota, feel people have a right to know if their Senator is a member of Al-Qaeda. I hope you do as well.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Known as Drugmonkey.

No comments: