Friday, March 10, 2006

Jihad Report.....

*sigh*....when I signed up for my little blogspot account. I thought it would be a way to have some fun blowing off steam, and you know, somebody might even enjoy reading a particular passage or two about a wacky customer. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be posting things like this, but I can't close my eyes and make it go away......

Go buy this month's New Yorker. Read the article about how the American Taliban wants you to DIE if you engage in pre-marital sex. Think I'm being hyperbolic? What would you call this? From the Blog of "Time" magazine's Andrew Sullivan:

"In the latest New Yorker, Michael Specter has a positively chilling story on how theoconservatives and Christianists have waged a quiet war against some critical vaccines, especially against Human papillomavirus or HPV. A vaccine exists against this virus that would drastically reduce the numbers of cervix cancer cases. The religious right opposes it as a mandatory childhood vaccination, because it removes a disincentive to having sex:

"Religious conservatives are unapologetic; not only do they believe that mass use of an HPV vaccine or the availability of emergency contraception will encourage adolescents to engage in unacceptable sexual behavior; some have even stated that they would feel similarly about an H.I.V. vaccine, if one became available. 'We would have to look at that closely,' Reginald Finger, an evangelical Christian and a former medical adviser to the conservative political organization Focus on the Family, said. 'With any vaccine for H.I.V., disinhibition' - a medical term for the absence of fear - 'would certainly be a factor, and it is something we will have to pay attention to with a great deal of care.' Finger sits on the Centers for Disease Control's Immunization Committee, which makes those recommendations."


Read some Q&A with the author of the piece here

Are you getting this? THEY WANT YOU TO DIE OF CANCER AND AIDS IF YOU ENGAGE IN SEXUAL BEHAVIOR THAT IN THEIR OPINION IS UNACCEPTABLE.

And you put them in charge America....because you hated people different from you. You hate Arabs....you hate Mexicans....and boy oh boy do you hate the gays & lesbians. So you put the American Taliban in charge because you thought they would keep the people different from you down. Well guess what? Unless you're a virgin they're coming after you now. And while I should get some sort of satisfaction in seeing you on their hit list, I don't. I don't want you to die. They say they come from the culture of life, and I call myself the drugnazi. And I'm the one who doesn't want you to die.

I need to step away from the computer for awhile.......

2 comments:

Driving Miss Delusional said...

I absolutely did not put them in charge.

Anonymous said...

Nor did I.