Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's Spring Break Time......

....and even when I'm old and ravaged by the effects of Alzheimer's (I'm convinced that's how I will die. After many years of making fun of stupid old customers, there would be no better karma than me turning into one of them.) I have a feeling I may remember one particular day at work a few years ago. I was toiling away in a college town at the time, and the quarter was over, and the kids were getting ready for Florida, or Cancun, or wherever they go for their drunken revelry. Not before a little partying on campus however, as evidenced by the car that pulled up in front of the store, parked right next to the entrance........with a giant paper mache penis strapped to the roof.

The kids got out of the car, made a beeline for the kegs in the back of the store, and then for me. Imagine my relief when I realized that all they wanted were condoms. Lots of condoms. They literally took every piece of rubber that could be put on a penis off the shelf and headed to the checkout counter.

When I was a student I missed this part of college evidently. And my regrets at this fact have known no bounds since that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to kissing your wrinkly old grumpy alzheimic head one day!
Your favorite College student

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

A college student you say? Hmmmm...so....do you folks still have these type of parties then? Any chance I could get an invite? You know....for research purposes, so I can write a better blog for my readers. All 3 of them.