Monday, October 03, 2011

A Question About A Question.

My world could not be more unlike that of the Norteños or the Sureños and their ilk. I don't have to worry that picking out what color clothes to wear in the morning might be a life or death decision. I do have to be concerned that if my peers find out I eat non-organic bananas for lunch I will lose status in my community. I think about drive-thrus far more than drive-bys, and I'm pretty sure I'll never have to shank or be shanked. I do live close enough to the gangster world, at lease physically, that news of it often appears in my local paper. The accounts usually start off sounding something like this:

 "Blue dude saw a red dude and asked him a gang related question....."

I'm not making this up, they oftentimes refer to this "gang related question"

What could it be? This question. Do they mean there's like a quiz? Really? And I thought I was under a lot of pressure what I took the pharmacy boards. At least no one was sitting there waiting to bust a cap in my ass.....

OK, seriously. What the hell is this question the gangsters ask each other. This is bugging the shit out of me.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"where you from"
if you want to fight, you answer one way.
if you don't want to fight you answer "I ain't from nowhere"

course, my source is a gangbanger who has been stuck at my hospital for a few months, cause he needs nursing home care and no nursing home on the planet will take him.

He's gotten pretty civilized since we nurses require pleases, thank yous and so forth. he told me the above when he say a picture of my kid on my phone. Said I needed to teach him to answer that he wasn't from no where, so he wouldn't end up paralyzed and with many hole in his body where there did not used to be holes. He's the same dude who says "you can't call me an asshole, man, because I don't HAVE an asshole"

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

So how do you answer if you want to fight?

Anonymous said...

The secret question is "Hey Yo! Where you from, nigga?"

I have actually gotten this question in downtown Atlanta, and I wisely replied, "Man, I'm from Honkeyville, and just trying to get from point A to Point B without pissing off some dudes with guns.

They laughed, and waved me on. Only in America.

Quinn said...

Great. Yet another lesson I have to teach my kids.

Từ Thanh Giác said...

My neighbor Linda walked down the street, Carlos and Julian. Linda's former boy friend, Rubio pulled up in his car and called her a whore. Carlos said in Spanish “I am from Guadalajara and we do not talk to women that way”. He asked Juan for his gun, then he shot Rubios' car as he drove off. That was the last time that Rubio was seen in our neighborrhood. I don't miss him.
Sometimes questions are not asked.

Mike said...

"It's 3 o'clock. Where the hell is Louie?"
"Well you tell me. Louie left his house at 2:15 and has to travel a distance of 6.2 miles at a rate of 5mph. What time will Louie arrive?"
"Depends if he stops to see his ho."
"That's what we call a variable!"

yamiblue990 said...

the question is where your from or what gang your in. you answer from no where or no gang if you want to be able to pass through without getting shot unless the people asking are feeling like killing someone.