Sunday, November 01, 2009

From The "Interesting Merchandising Decisions" Department. Or Maybe Just A Sign You're In A Bad Neighborhood.

So, I guess, when you think about it, maybe it's not the worst idea to put these two things next to each other. Still, would you really be buying them at the same time?



As an ex-smoker, I like this idea better, because afterwards really is the toughest time to fight the urge....to smoke....




Maybe corporate suits are a little smarter than I've been giving them credit for.

9 comments:

The Ole' Apothecary said...

I thought the same thing about this sad but
clever juxtaposition of products on drug store
shelves. One idea ought to extend to some
restaurants--put Pepcid Complete on the
menu!

Natalie said...

Ah, man...I recognize the display in the second one from my place of employment. Sigh.

Jessica said...

I always buy my lice shampoo when I'm stocking up on condoms, doesn't everyone? As an added bonus, you can store the leftover 'poo in unused condoms to make little travel-size treatments. Not TSA approved however.

Maybe someone in marketing thought, pubic lice=needs to wear a condom?

Anonymous said...

awesome. better yet...at my pharmacy the rubbers are next to the eye care section which the first item is...wait for it...magnifying glass.

JohnnyB said...

Note to self: develop condom lubricant that doubles as pubic lice treatment. Oh, and contains nicotene. Yeah.

pacalaga said...

At my local pharmacy you have to walk past all the diapers and baby stuff to get condoms.

Anonymous said...

In my store, it is condoms up top, lubricants to the right and pregnancy tests on the bottom 2 shelves, LOL

Mother Jones RN said...

I saw them next to the pregnancy test kits, two shelves over from the diapers.

MJ

midwest woman said...

ok this is my sixth time back to the blog just to look at those pix and laugh.
BTW, Maine kinda did a reverse 180 with it's ok no wait a minute we've changed our mind on same sex marriage.