Monday, December 24, 2007

I Can Think Of No Better Way Of Saying "Merry Christmas" Than By Rerunning An Old Blog Post.

That sounds like a snarky line, but it also happens to be the literal truth. I'm not in a state of mind conducive to writing new stuff at the moment. Don't ask me why. I'm just not. I originally posted this last Christmas Eve under the title Well Tonight Thank God It's Them, Instead Of You. Enjoy it again. Or not.

You got the best line in the whole song Bono. Of course back then you deserved it. You're sorely missed you Irish bastard, all the more so because you're still around.

We're not so different Mr. Bono, you and I. We both saw how the world shits on people who don't deserve it and were beside ourselves as to why. I decided that I wouldn't do anyone any good if I couldn't put food in my own stomach though, and I'm sure you felt the same way about your band; doesn't do any good to bug someone if they're not listening I suppose. But by the time our personal dollars had been stabilized we both found ourselves swept away by forces we no longer controlled. I took a job for corpo-pharmacy and your concerts were promoted by Clear Channel Communications. You sell your red iPods and I write a check to Oxfam and on the day we die the world will be shitting on people who don't deserve it. I miss you Bono. I miss me too.

Merry Christmas fuckers. Tonight thank God it's them instead of you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. And Merry Christmas to you.

The VitaminH said...

Well put.